PDA

View Full Version : stoPpng citalopram, right thing 2 do?

nineteen
12-11-09, 16:46
Bin on citalopram for 11days. I haven't slept, whn I do manage 2 drift off, I wake up n a panic with my face, back n arms tingling and going numb. I've had 2 stay off wrk on sick leave n I can't do mch bcoz I'm so tired. I feel these are just making me so much worse. Is it too early to cme off them? I was on 20mg fr a wk and doc reduced to 10mg 4days ago, this has just helped with the nausea a bit but nothng else :hugs:

Amybsp
13-11-09, 16:59
Hi there, i'm in the same boat at the minute i think. i've been taking citalopram for just over a month, and i'm more anxious than i've ever been. It's introduced a lot of anxious feelings which i'd never experienced before and it's terrifying me. i know that citalopram can make you more anxious before it makes you better, but it's been over a month. :shrug:
I'm sorry i've not helped your question at all.

KK77
13-11-09, 17:38
When you reduce the dose it does take a while before you start feeling a bit better. Don't give up now nineteen. Give it a while longer and you'll start feeling better. Then you can slowly increase again. These are powerful drugs and it's really normal to feel like you do. But it does get much easier and you'll be glad you stuck with it.