PDA

View Full Version : ok panicking... not MS for a change

tashbarnes87
12-11-09, 18:06
Hi all, i have in the past 3 days noticed i have a lot of lower stomach discomfort perticulally on the right side, feels like wind etc. But im really scared that i keep getting a split second pain on my right side when ever i bend down or move too quickly. It almost feels like there is something in there & if i have my trousers on that area its really uncomfortable so i always move them up. I think i have had it for a while but have only just zoned in on it. This is def only started since i had Euan. I just lay on my back & felt my belly & its a little tender( but i started my period today) But i cant feel anything bd or an area that is more painful or anything. Im scared it could be a tumour (sp) and thats why i can feel something sharp when i move :( really scared and im on my own tonight so im going to get worse :weep:

PanicOver!!
12-11-09, 18:20
Hi

There are loads of things it might be so try not to fear the worst
might just be a muscle strain
it will deffinatley feel worse now hou have "homed in on it" we all do that

Best get the Doc to check if it carries on just to put your mind at rest

Jo3016
12-11-09, 19:04
I had a pain similar to that last week and I poked it so much to see if it hurt that I ended up bruising myself!! It went away in a few days - I don't know what it was! It was replaced by a gnawing pain under my ribs, pain over my belly, terrible wind and bloating - I am sure it is just my IBS as I have had similar symptoms many times before ( and tests have showed it to be nothing sinister!) but still another thing to worry about!!

tashbarnes87
12-11-09, 19:46
Hi JO, i really think i have ibs but havent been to the docs yet. Im so gassy, and get lots of trapped wind, struggle one day with going to the loo, next lots. and a lot of stomach pain, its only started since i had my son, do you think it could be ibs? When ever i bend or kneel so my stomach is squished i get that pain :( x

Jo3016
12-11-09, 20:09
Hi

I have really similar problems to you. I have a lot of pain under my ribs and lower down over my belly and sometimes pelvic pain too. Also, a lot of wind and bloating. I have been having this bout for 10 days or so now. The last one lasted nearly 2 months on and off.

I had IBS first in 2005 and had all the tests including a colonoscopy. I didn't have it again until late last year and have had a flare up twice since then. Since having my third son (who is now 2), I have had no end of problems form hormones and ibs.

I really think yours sounds like ibs. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable when i bend down. I think it is due to trapped wind and bloatedness.

Feel free to PM me any time as we are obviously going through similar things at the moment.

tashbarnes87
13-11-09, 14:22
thanks jo today i am really scared can feel all the old anxiety coming back the constant prodding, twistimg & bending down to see if it hurts :( i had 4 hours sleep last night :(

Its such a quick pain but it def feels like there is something there. I get it when i lift my knees to my chest too :(

Jo3016
13-11-09, 15:51
Could you have pulled something? Like I said, I prodded myself so much last week that I actually made a bruise!!

Make a doctors appointment for Monday maybe. I have one too!