PDA

View Full Version : phobia of fainting alone in public

pinkcherryhearts
12-11-09, 18:52
hi everyone
Ive been having panic attacks for a while now, ive had blood tests, medications, blood pressure checks and the doctor cant find anything wrong which is brilliant but im too scared to go out, i have a phobia of fainting in the town centre and someone calling an ambulance and people crowding round me. I had to give up a brilliant well paid job because of this phobia and this has made me go into deep depression. I also have a phobia about having a stroke, im only 23 but everytime i get a headache or a strange symptom i panic. Im also scared to start working again in case the same thing happens. Im not lazy, i really want to work, ive just graduated from uni and i feel it was a complete waste of 3 years. Im so scared that these phobias are going to ruin my life. Please help:weep:

gypsywomen
12-11-09, 19:02
hello sorry to hear how scared you are of going out to town your not alone we all get these feelings there not nice but that's how anxiety is ,,makes you feel like your not in control do you go out at all. its not good to give in to these feelings as the more we do the worse we become i went to bed 3 tears and didn't come out of my bedroom for 3 months i was so afraid , to even come downstairs ,i didn't have anxiety when i went to bed that night ,but when i woke i had t and have ever since ,this is why i say try to carry on i do now i wont let this keep me a prisoner ,i was a palitiff nurse ,i cant do it now but go to college for art ,,what i am trying to say is ,be strong go to ytown you will be fine ,,,dont go on busy days small trips at first ,you will be ok x

PanicOver!!
12-11-09, 19:36
Hi ya

That is typical of anxiety its not the passing out but the embarasment of it all thet starts the attack
like Gypsywoman says take baby steps and build your confidence gradually
if you do go out remember you are in control and you can come home any time you need to. just dont stop trying

x

pinkcherryhearts
12-11-09, 20:01
Thankyou for the response, its really good that people understand :)