PDA

View Full Version : Zispin (Mirtazapine)

Fearflower
26-01-04, 23:07
Hi everyone

I've recently been perscribed this by my pdoc as I've tried Venlafaxine and fluoxentine but he said he wants me to try this as its in a different "group" to the others that didn't work for me.

I've never heard of these ones thou and feel abit weary..

Anyone know anything or tried them?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Love

Fearflower x

nomorepanic
29-01-04, 21:57
Sorry but I haven't heard of them.

Try these links ..

http://www.huddersfield1.co.uk/depression/zispin.htm

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/mirtazapine.html

Nicola

nickp
02-02-04, 17:25
i took this for a couple of months
very good for sleeping! strong effect - knock out almost after 1 hour
didnt notice much of a lift in mood - just got my sleeping patterns back to normal, tho was a bit of a zombie from waking up til noon!

stimpy
14-02-04, 02:48
I don't know very much about mirtazapine, unfortunatly.

I do know that it can take up to four weeks for you start to feel better.
There may be drowsiness and sedation if this medicine is taken with alcohol, or diazepam.
It does something technical with noradrenaline and serotonin and helps relieve depression.

Oh dear I'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard aren't I.
Now Sertraline, I can tell you lots about that.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

tattybear
15-03-05, 14:23
Hi

I was origionally on citalopram but now on Mirtazapan (Zispin)

These really help me sleep and like above they def knock you out after an hour of taking them!

Initially my mood dchanged..but last few weeks i seem to have come to a stand still.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tatty B xx

bluebottle
15-03-05, 15:47
Zispin helps you sleep but as for the anti-depressant side of it, well it didn't work for me. This means absolutely nothing though because what will/won't work for one will/won't for another.

Regards,

Blue
--
"If I never take this leap of faith I'll never know
So I'm learning to fall with no safety net to cushion the blow"

http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

sal
15-03-05, 22:48
Hi Fearflower

I have tried them. Remember taking the first one and felt drugged to the eyeballs but they react to different people. I was promised a miracle cure on them but they didnt suit me at all.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

blossom
15-03-05, 23:15
from Blossom, I was put on Zispin, anti-med and the first tablet I took in the evening time, and actually fell asleep on the computer, and slept for 42 hours out of 48, but I was taking Diazepam, and the pscychiatrist new that at the time, so why he ever gave them to me I dont know. My husband was so worried he rang the hospital late at night, and was told to stop them immediately.
Everyone is not the same, maybe it was because I was on Valium,
Others I have known say they make you sleep, and can put on weight.
All the best with them

3gwen
19-05-08, 10:05
hi, i just googled zispin and arrived here,i've only been taking it about a month,it certainly made me sleep,i'm not feeling so good on them but the doc wants me to keep on them,i really want to stop them ,i was quite aggressive at first,now its an effort to do anything much,i hope you do ok on them.

jo61
19-05-08, 10:46
This is a very old thread but hope you're ok on them. The residual drowsiness tends to wear off which is great as the sedative to help sleep remains. I've been on them for almost years and they've worked very well. Funnily e nough the higher doses aren't as sedative.

Karen
19-05-08, 12:01
I researched these when I was an inpatient at an eating disorder unit as the psychiatrist there wanted to swap my Zopiclone sleeping pills for this medication instead.

The supposed theory was that this medication would be better for my insomnia but it is also well known for causing weight gain so I refused to take it. Other than that I don't have any personal experience of it. It is an antidepressant but whether it is effective at lifting mood I don't know.

Karen x

jane36
08-06-08, 23:47
Hell0. I have been on Mirtazapine now for 3 months, i take one 15mg at night before bed, they really help you sleep and you do feel alot more calmer and in control in the day, the only thing i would say is my appetite went through the roof, i feel hungry alot of the time and have put on a stone in weight. but apart from that they are great, do give them a go, and if i can help anymore please let me know. Jane x

traciec39
09-06-08, 00:32
Hi there
I was on mirtazapine for about 8 months, they did work but i was always hungry 24/7 and put on soooo much weight, i looked like a barrell!!!!

but not everyone gets these side effects hunnie

good luck luv tracie x

Millicent
12-06-08, 09:35
I am on Zispin 15mg at night and have taken them for the last month
Must say they do help with sleep but I feel very detached and unreal and wonder if anyone else seems to be feeling this way
Please let me know

tafflass
08-07-08, 14:01
hi everyone
i was on zispin years ago omg i was off it, i was putting the washing up in the freezer the food in the washing machine, my hubby thought this quite funny, but i didnt.
it is realy good for sleeping and a fantastic sedative but was not for me, i did find it good for panic but to strong, maybe my does was was to high, lol i know i was. stopped after a few days. i got kids to look after so i have to be on the ball. hope i have been of some help xtafflassx:shrug:

Loobie31
01-08-08, 14:46
I just had to reply to this thread but not sure if it applies anymore.

I took Zispin to control my sever anxiety, it was brilliant I was asleep within 30 mins so always took them before bedtime, even if I had been out for a few drinks it doesn't affect you in anyway. Zispin helped me and gave me some of my life back but not all of it, also I still had attacks but not as many.

I had been on Zispin for 2 years and decided it was time to come off, the doctor weaned me off but my god was it a nightmare. Sleepless nights, being sick every day, crazy thoughts in my head etc.... the withdrawel symtoms were awful and I just could not come off them.
Eventually I had to go cold turkey and it was the most horrific experience, I could not go out of my house, I was off work for 6 months. I recommend this drug if you are staying on them for life but if not then I do not recommend them at all because you just can't come off them but maybe that was just me and my body as we are all different.

I am now worse off than I have ever been because of the zispin I now have no life and wish I never went on them.
Please be careful with this drug.

Loobie31
01-08-08, 14:49
I also forgot to say my appetite increased, I went from a size 10 to 16, I was so big, if I could of knocked on all my neighbours doors for scraps I would of, I was out of control, Tescos was empty by the time I had finished shopping. Then when you come off them you spend then next 6 months throwing up all the food that you have troffed.

As I say though we are all different as you can tell from the above feedback.

minnie
01-08-08, 15:01
i have been on these since last year.they are wonderful.i used to wake constantly in horific panics but not now i usually have good nites now. hope they work as well for you.xxxx

Lynz08
20-08-08, 23:56
I have had some good success with Mirtazapine. I was on 225mg of Venlafaxine for severe anxiety but as this gave me palpitations this was changed to 150mg Venlafaxine and 15mg Mirtazapine at night. The Mirtazapine sends me off to sleep after an hour and I have 8-10 hours sleep with no panics or terrible nightmares. :D Works well if you go to bed early eg 9.00pm otherwise I would feel dopey at 7am getting the children up. :yesyes:
Been on this combo for 8 months and feel the best I have for 12 years. At last freedom from persistant anxiety.

Lynz

KK77
24-07-19, 21:17
Sorry but I haven't heard of them.

Try these links ..

http://www.huddersfield1.co.uk/depression/zispin.htm

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/mirtazapine.html

Nicola

Even Nicola was a newbie once :roflmao: