PDA

View Full Version : need some help right now please help

Chrismascray
12-11-09, 22:09
Hi I posted earlier about missed heart beats, no replies as yet, but this evening from out of the blue it has just gone crazy, missed beats, fast slow I am sweatimng and major panic, I am close to calling for help, nhs or even an ambulance, I just cant see why tis has just come on, there ios no paion and to be fair it is no worse than 11 years ago when my daughter was born, I was convinced then that it was one in one out, but why can any one help, does any one else just get suddenn atacks for what seems like no reason, also added is the belching, sorry, but it seems to go with it, please any help is really appreciated.

mandyclare
12-11-09, 22:25
Hi Chris... yeah i have this.... classic anxiety symptoms im afraid.... im having a 24 hr ecg tomorrow as a precaution but i am confident it is just anxiety.

My advice would be to ask your dr for an ecg to put your mind at rest

Mand x

countrygirl
12-11-09, 23:14
Did you know that a heavy meal or wind can make your heartbeat go a bit haywire like ectopic beats and fast beats as your vagus nerve is somewhere around the top of your stomach so the belching is probably connected to your ectopics etc. My gp said many many years ago ectopics were called wind around the heart!

A 24hr ecg would confirm that your ectopics etc are harmless so maybe ask your Dr for one.

I have had constant ectopics since I was late teenager and am now 48 yrs old - have had some terrible times and loads of 24 ecg's and I also get very fast heartbeat like 140 whenever I am in any medical setting but its all anxiety - some peoples vagus nerve is super sensitive to the hormones released when we are anxious.

Chrismascray
12-11-09, 23:28
That is so kind of you to reply, I have had these symptoms on and off for a minimum of 20 years, I remember when my little girl was born having such a bad attack, but it is the memory of that which helps, I had it before etc, but also hinders, ah ha it hasnt gone away. The one thing I did like readimng was the Large meal and wind around the heart, I had a very large meal tonight, My wife is such a good cook, I did over indluge, I have noticed this before but when I am panicing, and I am / was, it is so hard to see reason, I even called my wife down stairs out of bed, I needed someone to help. Any way, it is still doing it, I am calming down . . a bit !, as for the ecg, I had all the tests some 8/9 years ago, seems a long time, but when I think of how nothing really has changed and how when I have seen doctors, and quite q few of them and quite a few times, and they all say the same thing and none of them at any time seem concerned, and when I found out the Doc that sent me for all the tests mainly did it for ME, and my fears, it does help calm me, as do these lovely unknown people - YOU - who take the time to care, and of course most important my lovely wife, I am even typing a little slower as I calm down, again !!.

skippy66
12-11-09, 23:33
I get this same kind of feeling of impending doom with palpitations lots of times. At the time you cant imagine survival, but afterwards you forget how bad you felt.

Next time it happens, down a large whisky and see what happens. Im not trying to turn you into an alcy, but you'll know for sure that if you get better, your problem is 100% anxiety and nothing to be scared of.

teez
13-11-09, 00:51
lol drink would make me ten times worse :D