PDA

View Full Version : please help me

Alexa85
10-11-05, 20:52
I find things like talking and joking with people really difficult and its really starting to affect me emotionally.
I feel like I'm the odd one out and nobody seems to understand.
These days I feel like I'm gonna burst out crying for no apparent reason, and I sometimes cry myself to sleep. Its taking over my life...

Does anyone else feel like this?

eeyorelover
10-11-05, 20:57
I definitely know what you mean. It's hard to talk and joke when you feel so out of the loop and so emotional. I just had a heck of a crying jag last nite. Didn't solve anything but it did let me release some of the stress I was having.
I am sorry that you are feeling so down right now.
Have you been feeling this way long and have you seen your doc about it?
Hope that you feel better real soon!!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

nomorepanic
10-11-05, 21:02
Welcome aboard Alexa

I was just wondering what was behind all of this? Do you suffer with any form of anxiety atall or low self-esteem?

Nicola

clickaway
10-11-05, 21:35
Hi Alexa and welcome to the forum.

Can you explain a bit more about this. Do you find it difficult to talk because you are trying to hide something, such as your anxiety or whatever is causing it? How easy is it for you to try and open up?

I'm wondering if you could fix up a one-off session with a counsellor, it may give you an idea on what the problem is. You may even be able to get a freebie via your church or local volunteer bureau if you have one.

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Alexa85
21-11-05, 20:02
Thank you for your replies.

I find "opening up" really difficult these days. I'm afraid what people might think of me, namely that they might think I'm weak.
I'm 20 years old and my real phobia is a bit weird, and I don't kno if its normal or what. I'm afraid of men. Its that simple.
With other girls I'm fine, I can chat and be near them but if I'm too close to a guy, its really frightening. I get this wave of nausea washing over me, and I just want to clam up and avoid eye contact. That is hard when I really like a guy. I've never had a boyfriend because of all this.
I've been this way for a long time, but I can't remember when it started.

Piglet
21-11-05, 20:18
I don't think that is at all unusual Alexa.

It is also hard to be sociable if we feel very anxious - how many people have a laugh in dentist waiting rooms for example unless its a nervous sort of a laugh.

Welcome to the site and I hope we can help you with this.

Maybe sometime you would like to give the chatroom a go - you can be very quiet in there and just listen to other people, lots of people do that.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Alexa85
21-11-05, 20:50
I've never kissed a guy. :|

ATReYu – “Demonology and Heartache”
Love kills, romance is dead and I don’t even trust myself but I love you. And you can pull my wings apart and pin me down under glass until the end of time if it can help you discover that we share the same pain. I just hope you write your thesis before your subject is dead