PDA

View Full Version : menopause or whatme for the menopause

lynn1960
13-11-09, 03:48
:weep:i am suffered with generalized anxiety disorder for five years j had it under control until a couple of months ago when i startrd to get really heavy periods and feelings of panic because i am 49 asked doc if it could be the change he did blood test which said i was not but he agreed hormone levels dont just drop so i could be he then changed my antideppresant and over the last couple of weeks just keeps increasing them now i have so many of the menopause systoms night sweats heavy periods feeling really tired etc but doc still said i am too young and dose not seem interestrd how can i him to treat anyone eles had same problemsme for the menopause i know its not anxiety

nomorepanic
13-11-09, 03:52
Hi lynn1960

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
13-11-09, 07:49
:welcome:to NMP. There are many here who have found their anxiety more difficult to manage when these hormone changes kick in. You will find comfort and support here. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Maj
13-11-09, 16:11
Hi, I agree with Veronica, when the hormones kick in it can be more difficult to deal with anxiety symptoms, without a doubt:yahoo: I'm going through this myself at the moment but I'm managing to sort of cope. I sort of feel up n down from day to day!! I don't know why your doctor is:hugs: telling you you're too young? 48 is a pretty average age for the menopause. Also, blood tests aren't always accurate in predicting hormone levels. It's a shame you are feeling like this. Can you see another doctor at the practise?
Myra