PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

PoppyC
13-11-09, 12:44
Hi
I decided that I had, had enough of what seemed to be constantly whinging about how I felt, and thinking about anxiety, social anxiety, and agoraphobia too much and all the rest, and that it was time to get back to work. I need to get back to living again instead of feeling like a pensioner years ahead of her time.
I applied for a part time job and now have an interview I found out earlier!!! Yayyy. Ok I may not get the job but even so its a start.
I will be so nervous but now that the medication is fully working then I feel I need to get back to work now, to save my sanity, (not sure if I have any left? :unsure:) because I think a large part of how I can feel is due not to working (even though I work from home) - I need to be out there doing something (even though it will not be easy at times) - I just cannot sit in a house whinging about my problems on the net anymore, even though I will still use the site. This is a great site and has been of really good support to me. It is easily the best anxiety forum on the net, in my opinion.
It is not going to be easy but the thought of being stuck at home forever is not easy either.
To anyone who is dubious about taking medication - in my experience they have helped me so much. They don't cure all the problems but they do help such a lot, given time.

valleybear
13-11-09, 12:50
Just to wish you all the very best in your interview and whatever you decide to do. Really great that you feel able to move forward now. Congrats...it is not always easy but YOU HAVE DONE IT!!!!:yesyes:

erin31
13-11-09, 13:22
Good luck with your interview!
:)

teez
13-11-09, 13:36
well done you,,im so pleased for you,,make sure you keep us updated on you progress:hugs:

mandyclare
13-11-09, 14:04
What a great post... thats such good news Poppy... you are very strong and i wish you loads of luck for your interview and just getting your life back in general... the only way to beat this stupid illness is to stare it straight in the face and tell it you are taking your life back.. seems you've done that.. and yes, agree the meds help alot.

All the best

Mand x

maddie
13-11-09, 14:10
:yesyes: That's wonderful Poppy :yahoo:

It's been a huge step to make the decision to return to outside work. I hope the interview goes well.

ann01
13-11-09, 17:38
very best of luck with your interview. I know exactly what you mean, i have been off sick for 7 months now, and have gotten worse since i went off sick, is so want to get back to work but my employer wont let me go back yet as i cant yet get into town on my own, but i will one day x

Bluebelle
14-11-09, 01:38
Poppy !!
That is fabulous !!! Way to go- you're doing so well- good luck with your interview!
Love-Blue

onceagain
14-11-09, 03:12
Way to go Poppy,

Part of the condition is dwelling on negatives so absolutely way to go girl! The very best wishes for the interview and please let us know how you get on and remember to snowball all those companies to give yourself better chances letters and cv's to everyone.

It is a really positive step, but I strongly believe that the real road to recovery is positive thoughts and not letting it take over us.... I'm so thrilled, you will mend girlie YOU WILL x

strawberry1756
16-11-09, 21:33
Thats really great to hear Poppy, sounds like you have come along way. Well done and good luck :yesyes:xx

andrea thompson
16-11-09, 21:47
good luck with your interview... i hope it all works out ok....

be brave hon

x x

diane07
16-11-09, 21:49
A huge well done to you poppy,

Wish you lots of luck on your interview:yesyes:

best wishes

di xx

PoppyC
17-11-09, 19:52
Hi everyone
Thanks for all your lovely messages.
Will let you know what happens regarding the interview.
Big hugs to you all for your kindness.:hugs: