PDA

View Full Version : Worried

june
13-11-09, 14:15
I have been given beautiful bouquet :yesyes:
But (how ungrateful) the lilies are making me feel sick (i think its the lilies) :weep:
Does anyone else find this prob with flowers?? I am not allergic - it is the heady perfume:blush:
I do not want to throw them out (oh the guilt):weep:
June

mandyclare
13-11-09, 14:18
No June i dont have a problem with flowers but why dont you try having them up on a higher shelf so that you can see them but the scent doesnt drift your way..... you are probably just a bit over sensitive to that particular smell

Lovely that somebody bought them for you : )

Mand x

teez
13-11-09, 14:19
lillies are one of my faves,,but yes their scent is very strong, cant you put them in another room,,so the smells not so strong for you,,

june
13-11-09, 14:31
:hugs:thank you for your replies - I think I might be overanxious:blush:
Blaming everything and anything because i feel so yuck!!
The flowers are lovely.
Reading your posts i realise that yesterday i was delighted the perfume wafted thro the house.
but HA & panic = the threat of such drastically bad weather on all the forecasts, has scared me - the flowers got the blame:blush:
Thank you for yoru thoughts, our daghter bought the flowers to cheer me up.
june
:hugs:

mandyclare
13-11-09, 15:10
aww bless her.. your daughter sounds lovely. Dont worry about the weather June.. just keep inside and have a lazy day if possible.. it will pass x

Jaco45er
13-11-09, 15:23
I had a problem with flowers once June.

I bought my wife some once and spent that weekend convincing her I hadn't done anything wrong.

Never again ;)

Feel better soon :)

bluebee
13-11-09, 15:32
My mum's always complaining that lillies make her feel sick. If she's given them as a present she has to either put them outside or throw them away because she can't stand the smell.

june
14-11-09, 10:07
I had a problem with flowers once June.

I bought my wife some once and spent that weekend convincing her I hadn't done anything wrong.

Never again ;)

Feel better soon :)
Oh Jaco, my prob seems quite minor compared to yours (ha ha) i have known a few friends who are suspicious of unexpected gifts - and yet the woman says "you never bring me flowers!!!!". sorry no, you can't win.
Thank you for your concern
Best wishes
June

nikkinoo
14-11-09, 10:16
Hi there,
My Stepson kindly bought me a lovely bouquet last weekend that contained lilies. I have an allergy to these, but felt unable to say anything as the last thing I wanted to do was seem ungrateful and upset him. I was told to pinch out the middles as they oppened out and that would get rid of the heavy scent. It works a treat and the lilies are still in my vase and look lovely!
Hope this helps. Kindest regards Nikki. :-) x

june
14-11-09, 10:26
:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
Thank you i will do this right now:yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:yesyes::yesyes: