PDA

View Full Version : HEADACHE HELL

chellebelle
11-11-05, 08:28
I've always had really bad headaches and whenever my panic is at it's worst they get worse. I've had really (read indescribably) bad headaches for two weeks now, but today on the way to work it got worse and hasn't eased at all. I'm SO SCARED that it's a brain anyeurysm. The pain is debilitating, it's so bad it makes me feel physically ill. My eyes have been blurry on and off today and I feel really dizzy. In the past I have had 3 CAT scans but each time i get the headaches i feel sure that this one is worse and that this time it will kill me! I would love to hear from anyone who also gets REALLY bad headaches, especially about how long they last, what the sensations are and ANYTHING you can tell me....or if anyone knows about brain anyeurysms????? I think if it was a ruptured annyeurysm I wouldn't still be alive 2 and a half weeks later.....would I???? Any help would be so much appreciated...this was all under control and now it's gone haywire. I feel like i'm living in a nightmare! Sorry to ramble on and whinge, just really needing help here! Thankyou so much!

"This too, shall pass"

trac67
11-11-05, 11:29
Hi Chelle,

I too used to get terrible headaches, but they were down to stress and anxiety. I also used to get blurred vision too, and I still get dizzy spells.

By worrying about the headaches we stress more about them, which increases our anxiety which in turn makes the headaches worse, a viscious circle really.

Try to distract yourself when the headaches begin, a long walk, or a relaxing bath, once you can stop focusing on them then you will find that they wont seem so bad, and you wont get them as often.

Hope this helps in some way.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
11-11-05, 13:43
Correct about your assumption of the aneursym..You certainly wouldn't be upright and walking.

How about a migraine or stress and tension.

What are you doing to self help or use complementary therapy, what are your doctors doing to help these too ?

Headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2098)
headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4794)
tender spots on head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4889)
Tension headaches! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5660)
ongoing headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nicki
11-11-05, 16:17
Hi there,
I'm quite new to the site. I too suffer with terrible "fuzzy, dizzy" heads, not so much the headaches, but like you I worry myself sick that I have a brain tumor or something similar. This in turn brings on the panic attacks. I do eventually calm myself down, but I would like to know if there is any medication I can take (I took seroxat 8 years ago, but would rather take something herbal)
Does anyone know much about StJohns Wort?
Hope you feel better.
xx
Nicki

Meg
11-11-05, 16:21
Hi Nicki

Have a look under 'natural remedies' catagory..

There is a lot of information there

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

chellebelle
12-11-05, 08:32
Thanks meg for those links to posts, they were really helpful! And trac, you are so right, it IS a vicious circle! "I want to get off the merry-go-round (it's not very merry! :) Usually I can reason with my panic but at times like these when it's at its worst all rationale goes out the window (as we all know). It's hard to believe being anxious can cause this strong a pain.

Still would love to hear about other people's head pain - i can use them as evidence that anxiety, and not something seriously physiologically wrong, does cause debilitating head pain.

Funny, around a week ago i replied to a post about headaches and said how sure i was it was just anxiety....and now, well I'm needing to hear it from other people! [:I]

"This too, shall pass"

ERP
18-11-05, 21:11
Hi There,

Just to let you know that you're not alone. I get headches that can last for months with varying levels of dizziness and I get to a point of desperation also[V] Like you chellebelle I too worry about Tumour etc.....

I find that exercise helps and keeping as occupied as you can as spending too much time alone only exacerbates the feelings. We can pull through it together, there will eventually be light at the end of the tunnel.

Have faith and take care

Elly

chellebelle
21-11-05, 09:39
Hey Elly,

Thanks for the message! Exercise is definately one of the keys...I just got back from a long(ish) jog and i feel really good. I'm also finding that vitamin b12 is a big help. I've also been told magnesium is good for headaches, will have to try it!! Feeling much better than last week, thanks in part to all the messages from other people! Thanks again everyone!

"This too, shall pass"