PDA

View Full Version : Hi All Newbie here

ChitChat
14-11-09, 10:17
Well it says introduce yourself, so here goes. I have always bee n claustraphobic or at least i think I have, its more a question of being out of control I think. Although being claustrophobic wasnt that bad as it never stopped me flying or going into lifts or travelling on tube trains. I was even trapped in a lift and that did not spook me at all. However I was in my car in a High Street and suddenly had the urge to get out, I felt trapped. It was at the same time that I was going through a separation. I went to the Doctor and of course was put on drugs, which in turn just hid the problem. Things steadily got worse I could not get myself into traffic jams especially on motorways. If I was in the outside lane on a motorway I felt as though I was tipping over to one side. A bizarre feeling. Driving over flyovers and long stretches of road that were elavated. The Queen Elizabeth bridge is a real no no, yet at one time I would loved driving over it. Heights are also a problem, at one time I would think of nothing of looking over the edge of a building but now even in a shopping centre it is really difficult going up to the top floors of the centre. I think I have learnt all sorts of bad behaviour patterns by avoidance and doctors who have relied on tablets. I was hooked on Ativan for years until a doctor weaned me off. Found this site and it looks really helpful. I am now 66 and sometimes dispair that I will cure it all. Flying on Monday to Egypt for two weeks which is the second time this year but I am afraid its with the help of diazapam.

nomorepanic
14-11-09, 10:18
Hi ChitChat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

marie1974
14-11-09, 10:50
hello and welcome to nmp, i am sure you will find lots of advice and support here and also make new friends. hugs xx

ChitChat
14-11-09, 11:12
Thanks for nice welcome:hugs: