PDA

View Full Version : tablets changed from cipralex to citalopram

youngatheart
14-11-09, 11:20
I wonder if anyone has had the same problem. I have suffered from depression for about 4 years now, was started off on lofrepamine, which i ended up taking 30mg and they still were not working for me. I then got changed to cipralex about a year and a half ago, they were a godsend, worked beautifully i felt "normal", no depression, angry moments, most things were just going over my head, don't know whether this was a good or bad thing, then a few months ago my doctor told me they were finding it hard to get a hold of cipralex, so i got changed to citalopram, i started off on 20mg and am now upto 40mg and i find i am still weepy, depressed and have a lot of angry emotions, i was told that citalopram were the closest thing to cipralex, unfortunately for me though i feel they are more like lofepramine, and don't seem to be working, anyone else had this off their doctors, or is anyone still being prescribed cipralex at the moment, don't know whether this is relevant or not but i live in north east england, maybe it's a supplier problem just up here.

JaneC
14-11-09, 11:50
youngatheart,

Doesn't really help your situation but if you google "cipralex shortage" you'll see it's a widespread issue. I'm sorry you are having problems and can only say I hope this gets sorted out :hugs:

youngatheart
14-11-09, 17:32
Thanks so much for that, now thinking of going back to my doctors next week and just trying again to get cipralex, anything is better than feeling like this.