PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful weight gain with mirtazapine.

ElizabethJane
14-11-09, 17:07
As some of you may know I have been taking mirtazapine 30mg for about six weeks now. Previous to this I had lost a stone and a half through weight watchers. Overall I have put on 7lbs already that I have lost. I am quite distraught. This week I have gained 4 and a half pounds in a week eating normally (weight watchers) and going out for a meal once. I cannot go on like this so I'll be doing some research to see whether there is another anti depressant I can go on. I see Dr J on 2nd of December. This week will see my swimming and eating sensibly to see if I can claw back some of the weight gain. Any suggestions gratefully received. Mirtazapine has lifted my depression but I can't go on like this. Alarm bells are already ringing as I'm going into the danger zone.

pollyanna
16-11-09, 07:39
Elizabethjane

i am glad that you have seen a lift in your depression, and i know you are upset over your weight gain due to the tablets, after all your hard work that you did to lose the weight in the first place. i am not familiar with these tablets at all, so cant offer any views or alternatives on it, but just wanted to say glad you are feeling better and hope that you find something that can give you a good balance .

Best wishes

P x

ElizabethJane
16-11-09, 16:13
Thankyou Pollyanna for replying to my post. I feel really miserable about my weight gain. I do feel better apart from the mornings when I don't feel so good. I am very very irritable too but that could be my hormones kicking in. I have just come back from the pool I'm going to try and counteract the latest gain. I don't know what the answer is as I eat healthily and exercise and don't overeat.