PDA

View Full Version : Down in the dumps again...

Sheik N Shimmy
11-11-05, 11:19
Just discovered small dark patches on the roof of my mouth between the soft and hard palates. I was only at the dentists two weeks ago and he never bl00dy well mentioned them. Useless.

That's my weekend ruined.

Keep On Keepin On

Meg
11-11-05, 13:28
Your weekend is only ruined if you let it be ruined.

He probably didn't mention them as they are of no significance. You may well have had them for several years but have never felt the need to search the roof of your mouth so carefully before.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sheik N Shimmy
11-11-05, 14:19
Thanks for the positive words Meg - they really do help.

I just can't understand why so many symptoms can go on for so long (two months). It's driving me up the walls. Can anxiety really go on for months on end? Can it scare you to death by inducing or making you imagine lots of worrying symptoms?

I've lost weight. I've had a 'lump in my throat' sensation for two months.

The last couple of nights I've woken up at 3 am with chest pain, a pounding heart, pins and needls in my arm and leg. I'm afraid to go back to sleep sometimes. I'm not aware that I'm having nightmares.

Now I notice the black 'stains' in the roof of my mouth. As a cigar smoker I'm petrified. I'm giving them up soon but it might be too late. I'm 37 yrs old.

This is really getting out of hand. I need to get better for my family. I used to be so healthy and athletic. I can't see myself doing yoga but wouldn't mind trying breathing exercises/guided imagery (if I'm not on the way out!).

Keep On Keepin On

Meg
11-11-05, 14:25
*Can anxiety really go on for months on end? * Yes

*Can it scare you to death by inducing or making you imagine lots of worrying symptoms?* Not to death but can make you very uncomfy indeed.

*I'm giving them up soon but it might be too late. I'm 37 yrs old.* Soon ... whats wrong with Now. Its not too late .

*I've lost weight. I've had a 'lump in my throat' sensation for two months.

The last couple of nights I've woken up at 3 am with chest pain, a pounding heart, pins and needls in my arm and leg. I'm afraid to go back to sleep sometimes. I'm not aware that I'm having nightmares. *

Normal for anxiety, it gets better as you improve.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Sheik N Shimmy
11-11-05, 15:40
Thanks again Meg. I'd be completely off my trolley if it wasn't for this site.

One day everything is fine, the next day I wake up after an early night (with no booze) feeling absolutely terrible and wondering if it's the angina, the anemia or the anxiety is going to kill me!!!

How can Anxiety affect so many parts of the body!?!?!?!?!? The mouth, the throat, the eyes, the heart, the unmentionables..........

Have a nice weekend guys.

E

Keep On Keepin On

Meg
11-11-05, 16:19
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

Meg