PDA

View Full Version : Feeling better in the evening?

mabelthemini
14-11-09, 19:24
Hi all,
I've been taking 20mg prozac for 3 days now (taking in the morning) I am getting up,taking the Prozac and then feeling so bad I just have to go back to bed .I feel dreadful for most of the day, anxiety, mind racing,not hungry. But then in the evenings start to feel better,not sure whether this is because the Prozac is kicking in then or if its purely psychological because I know it's nearly then end of the day and all I have to do is go to bed!
I'm presuming its the latter as I've read it can take weeks for the effects to kick in.
Anyone else feel like this? Thanks for any help

suzy-sue
14-11-09, 19:34
I was exactly the same before and after I started on Citalopram ..I know of others to have experienced this too .All I can say is It will get better once the tabs have stabilised and you are on the theraputic dose ...Hope you feel better soon HUGS Sue :hugs:

mabelthemini
14-11-09, 19:39
Thankyou very much Sue :-) I just think that whoever 'made' a drug to treat depression/anxiety that actually makes you feel worse to start with has a very sick sense of humour!

BexieB
14-11-09, 19:44
Hi Fonzie

I know exactly how you feel, mornings are absolutely vile for me at the moment too (i'm on day 4 of seroxat). It is very common for anx/depression to be worse in the mornings on or off meds, unfortunately no one really knows why. All i want to do is stay in bed too, so i've asked my partner to drag me out of bed if needs be. Claire Weekes has a chapter on this morning feeling in 'self help for your nerves'.

These meds are so tough for the first few weeks. You just have to stay strong and concentrate on the little respite you are getting in the evenings.

Wishing you peace and solice
Bexie

mabelthemini
14-11-09, 19:48
Thanks Bexie ,Hope you feel better soon too.I was put on Sertraline first which made me violently sick -only managed one day of it, now been on Prozac for 3 days, let me know how you are doing-would be good to know as we are at about the same stage.

BexieB
14-11-09, 20:29
Hi Fonzie

Willdo. This site is really good for med start - ups, it's such a horrible time and only those actually going through it at the time understand. I went through it last year on Cipralex (came off them too early, so back to square one), and once the symptoms improve it really is hard to remember how bad they were.

But I've taken both Cipralex and Seroxat at various times in my life and they have ALWAYS worked. So try not to fret, but you will need a lot of patience. You'll hear a lot of talk about the 2 week mark and that you should feel improvement by then. I found it often took a good bit more (5 weeks for first real signs of improvement and 3 months for full theraputic effect).

Stick with it Fonzie, It's going to be a wild ride:roflmao:

Love and Hugs :bighug1:
Bexie

mabelthemini
14-11-09, 20:39
Patience is never my strong point! But I will stick at it, the alternatives not good :-/

BexieB
14-11-09, 21:03
So True....replace 'patience' with 'grin and bear it'. Good times ARE on the way my dear.

mabelthemini
15-11-09, 10:56
Having a terrible morning-am going to stay with my Mum for a few days so wont be online as she doesnt have a computer, hope you are ok today.

BexieB
15-11-09, 13:11
Hi Fonzie

Hang in there, mornings will be tough for a while...I had a nightmare of one this morning. Feel a little better now. Enjoy any bright spots during the day, make them your amour against the bad times (got this from PsychoPoet - have you read his posts? they're fab)

Hope to talk soon

Love and Hugs
Bexie

mabelthemini
20-11-09, 21:24
Hi Bexie- how are you doing hun? I'm back home now after being fed by my Mum for 5 days- do feel better for eating. Mornings still suck, went to docs this morning to get another sick note for work and was really jittery, doc said carry on taking Prozac for another 3 weeks and if no improvement by then will change to something else. Today is day 9. feel ok at the mo - mornings are a different story so we shall see :-/
Love to you x

denovo
20-11-09, 22:00
u need to wait about 3-4 wk's...if you still feel like that i'd go back to doc...and try a new med. good luck!

denovo
20-11-09, 22:39
good luck, my brother started new med.. toke about 3-weeks to kick in...stay with it...if thinds don't get better talk to Doc. tx stevie j.

andrea thompson
20-11-09, 23:40
when i first started taking seroxat many moons ago i defo fealt worse at first... every day was a bad day... then gradually i started to have good days.... then after a while i got more good days than bad...

take care... you will feal better soon ...

x x

mabelthemini
21-11-09, 13:01
Thanks both of you :-)

BexieB
22-11-09, 07:56
Hi Guys

Having a nightmare on the serox (day 12) at the moment...Panic attacks are out of this world.. living from diazapam to diazapam...feel i'm going to end up in hospital or worse if things don't improve soon.

Sorry for the downer....god, i wish this would end

KK77
22-11-09, 17:37
Wish there was something I could say to help. I was on Seroxat for 7 years and I experienced hardly any side effects whilst on it (coming off was another matter though). It looks like your panic has got worse since you've been on it. I hope it gets better for you this week. Once you hit rock bottom the only way is up. I know it's easy to say keep pos+ etc but there's really no other option ... don't let go ...

fishman65
22-11-09, 17:46
Hi all,
I've been taking 20mg prozac for 3 days now (taking in the morning) I am getting up,taking the Prozac and then feeling so bad I just have to go back to bed .I feel dreadful for most of the day, anxiety, mind racing,not hungry. But then in the evenings start to feel better,not sure whether this is because the Prozac is kicking in then or if its purely psychological because I know it's nearly then end of the day and all I have to do is go to bed!
I'm presuming its the latter as I've read it can take weeks for the effects to kick in.
Anyone else feel like this? Thanks for any helpIf its any help Fonzie,I tend to feel better in the evenings simply because it is dark and I can draw the curtains and shut out the world,plus I have no compulsion to interact with people or go anywhere.This I find leads to a more relaxing enviroment,however this is just generally and not a hard and fast rule.I feel qualified to say all this cos its how I'm feeling right now.

Take care, Fishy

fishman65
22-11-09, 18:28
Hi Guys

Having a nightmare on the serox (day 12) at the moment...Panic attacks are out of this world.. living from diazapam to diazapam...feel i'm going to end up in hospital or worse if things don't improve soon.

Sorry for the downer....god, i wish this would endHi Bexie,I'm really sorry you're having such a bad time on the seroxat,try to hang in there kiddo and know that panic attacks always burn themselves out in the end,but when you're having them words like mine are not much comfort are they.I've been taking seroxat for about 8 weeks now and am still looking for the ideal dose for me.I was originally on 20,then the doc upped them to 30 and two days ago he upped them again to 40mg.Hoping now that this will be the right dose for me but not very promising as of now but its only been two days on the 40.

Hang in there though Bexie,we know how you feel :hugs:

BexieB
22-11-09, 23:29
Thanks Melan, Fishman

Feeling a little better this evening....had a great chat with my mate today who also has panics. I'm not really used to panics, I'm a GAD and depression girl myself. Best of luck with the dosage fishy. When i was on lexapro i only felt good results on the very highest dose, so it really is trial and error.

Wishing you peace and solice
Bexie

mabelthemini
23-11-09, 13:06
Thanks Fishy, yes I def agree now I think it's the fact that in the evenings I can just relax and don't feel like I have to go anywhere or do anything. Am on day 12 now, side effects are going but don't feel much better, still there's time yet.
Bexie, glad you had a better evening- hope you are feeling ok today am thinking of you hun. X

fishman65
23-11-09, 16:26
No problem Bexie and Fonzie.What sort of a day have you both had today?That's the thing about this illness isn't it....never knowing how we are going to be.I managed the local CO-OP this morning after my diazepam...and at lunchtime I felt really pleased with myself cos I made it into Spar for a box of tea lol.Imagine if a non-sufferer was reading this,they'd be a little confused as to what the fuss is about :shrug: Keep up the good work though guys and thinking of you.

Take care now, Fishy

mabelthemini
23-11-09, 17:12
Hi Fishy, not too bad today thanks but haven't been anywhere! Well done on your shopping trip I know what a big deal that is. How long have you been on your meds?