PDA

View Full Version : Muscle twitching, leg jerks

chrismusic
15-11-09, 09:12
Hi there. Been suffering from twitchy musxles for the last three weeks. They occur sort of randomly in different parts of my body. They are not there all the time - I can go a few hours without noticing. I think I had this before and it went away after a trip to the docs reassured me. Never had any neuro tests.

However, now I am really worried because last night my legs kept jerking and waking me up. Happened maybe ten times and has really freaked me out. Did an internet diagnosis (never a good idea) and it seems these symptoms could suggest something nasty.

Anyone experience similar? I am really quite worried at the mo.

Thanks

emmily
15-11-09, 11:00
hey, i have this ALOT. i think it is to do with the anxiety, because it tends to be worse if i am thinking about it, or if i am worrying about something else. it also wakes me up in the night, its quite freaky and very annoying! i try not to worry about it, or i try to distract myself, which sometimes works. :) xx

Gareth
16-11-09, 13:27
I get this as well. I've also posted in here about leg and hand shaking. I find it the hardest thing to deal with so far because its the most "real" if you know what I mean, and someone has actually noticed it, which makes it not just "in my head" anymore.
As well as the twitching/jerking, I get really powerful sort of "hot" itches on my face which I scratch quickly and they go away straight away. Also little points of tension on my head and face which need to be rubbed.
All the best,
Gareth

suzy-sue
16-11-09, 13:36
Potassium supplements will help with this ,its been good at cutting the ammount I was getting right down ..Sue