PDA

View Full Version : Just been offered free private CBT

rhowes2000
11-11-05, 11:50
And what did I say, no thanks! It was through work as my manager was concerned I was going through a lot of stress at the moment due to having a full time job as well as part time job and also in the process of buying a house. There is a good chance I will be promoted in my full time job and I will find out for definite today. So I turned the CBT down as it didn't want anything on my records saying I was stressed couldn't handle it etc. I regret the not taking them up on the offer now, does anyone think I made the right decision?

tattybear
11-11-05, 12:32
Hiya mate,

Somtimes its hard to acept somthing on the spur of the moment...im not clear, was the CBT offered through the employer you may be getting the full time work through?

If you are regretting it now, maybe you could have a chat with your boss and explain that you've had a think about it and have had a change of mind?

Tatty B xx

Meg
11-11-05, 13:08
It shouldn't be anywhere on your work records.

There is nothing shameful in accepting help for issues.

Everyone has stress, its our way of life now and noone needs to know that its reached a higher level. If you're doing well with slef help - great, if you're still really struggling then maybe reconsider and ask if you can review your descision on a month or two.

Hurrah for your employers for being considerate and proactive.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
11-11-05, 13:15
You could say that you thought it may be a good thing to go on for the experience it would offer and the advice you could pass onto collegues so you would be up for the next one thats available.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

desperate
11-11-05, 17:55
I think you shoudl say you have thought about it some more and that you want it.

People go for counselling and things to find ways to improve themselves, not necessarily because things are wrong.

Sarah

rhowes2000
12-11-05, 10:16
Thanks for your replies everyone, it is good to have a supportive employer. I really enjoy working there so I just don't want anything to harm my chances of progressing. I think I will speak to my manager and say I have reconsidered and see how it goes. Thanks again.

desperate
12-11-05, 15:51
Yeah excellent, there is no harm in it at all!

Sarah

Sue K with 5
12-11-05, 20:12
Hi

I used to work in Personnel and HR and I know for a fact that none of this can be recorded in your work record ! it is all strictly private and confidential between you and the CBT therapist and nothing will effect your promotional prospects or work

Take it !! you have nothing to lose and everything to gain and trust me I have been in CBT for three months now and it has helped

Sue with 5

scknight

nomorepanic
12-11-05, 21:15
Go for it I say!

Nicola