PDA

View Full Version : Having such a bad day and not even 10am yet!

Bubblegumpixie
15-11-09, 10:13
Hello everyone (I do apologise if this is in the wrong section - I get very confused sometimes!)
I just had to post because I am having a terrible start to the day! I have been fighting panic attack after panic attack this morning and I am shaking like a leaf. It feels as though my tongue has gone into spasm my throat is tight and I can't talk much more than grunting. I don't even know what has set it off! I think it may have been my tongue felt a bit dry at the back and felt weird so of course I went into hyper mood thinking all sorts. Gosh I really don't know how much more I can take of this - it's ruining me! My Dr is a saint and gave me Prozac to take but I have been trying for weeks to take it and I just can't swallow it. I know that's my own fault and I expect people well say "Don't come asking for sympathy here if you won't take your meds!" but I am so frightened of everything at the moment, taking a new med that has not so good side effects is a scary prospect for me. I am 31 years old but I feel as if I regressed back to a child. I just don't feel real anymore. I don't even remember what the old me was like.
I'm not really sure the point of this post I think I just wanted to let it out as I am sat here in a terrible state. And I know I am amongst friends here:hugs:
I am very sorry for the semi-rant.
Bubblegum :0(

BexieB
15-11-09, 10:33
Hi Bubblegum

You're not alone on this awful morning...I just want to curl up and die. Iknow how you feel about being frightened of everything. I understand your fear of taking the meds, side effects, worse anx...It's difficult for me to have anything good to say about meds at the mo (day 5 Seroxat), but they have worked for me in the past.

I'm delighted you have a good doctor and do think you would benefit from the meds (this from someone in the throws of start up anx). Have you read PsychoPoets guide to Cip? I know it's a slightly different med, but i found i very useful in allaying fear of SSRIs.

This will pass Bubblegum

Bexie

Bubblegumpixie
15-11-09, 11:01
Oh thank you hun. It does help knowing I am not alone! I am so sorry to hear you aren't having a good day either. I have heard a lot of praise about the Cip guide so I am going to give it a good read! I know I need to start my meds and my poor husband has been so patient with me , not pressuring me into taking them etc... but this morning is the final straw for me, I can't keep this up anymore. I don't think I have the energy to keep going at this heightened level of fear. I am very lucky with my Dr, he is brilliant but I fear he may get fed up with me soon if I don't help myself by taking my AD's.
Thank you so much for your words of support, they have honestly brought my panic down a peg or two.
I really do hope your meds settle soon and you can enjoy things once more.
Bless you

Bubblegum

mandyclare
15-11-09, 13:24
Don't apologise for ranting... it's so much better to write down how you are feeling. It is always scary to take new meds.. i'm much the same and really don't want to take them but when you feel so bad that you cannot function properly without them you may as well throw the warnings away and just hope they work for you.. they probably will. I'm so glad you have a good dr and a great husband that must make things a bit easier.

I hope you are able to take your medication and feel better very soon

Mand x