PDA

View Full Version : Worried about MS : (

Girl_Interrupted
15-11-09, 22:29
I have suffered from bladder problems now on/off for 15 months. Went and had loads of blood tests, pelvic internal, ultra sound all results were normal. Went to see a urologist he told me I have Over active bladder, that it's quite common and I shouldn't worry. I also had a urethral dilation as well. It did help to some degree. My doctor had also confirmed OAB as well and never mentioned anything about MS. However.......my mind is playing games with me, as I know bladder problems are a symptom of MS. How can you tell what is a anxiety relate. Symptom and one that is not?

So now I'm back to worrying I have MS what do I do?

Please help :(

Gazman
15-11-09, 22:43
Do you have any other MS symptoms? If you don't then it is safe to say that you do not have MS in my opinion.

You would usually notice that you can't move your hand or arm to where you want it to go, same for leg etc, these are usually the first signs of MS.

I think we all know tingling and burning etc are signs of MS but they are also signs of anxiety and are far more likely to be this or benign.

I believe with all the tests that you have had that MS would of been picked up / or you would have had other MS symptoms long before this.

Try to believe in your doctor and relax and tell that irrational part of your mind to STFU!! :yesyes:

nomorepanic
15-11-09, 22:45
If you had MS you would have multiple symptoms and not just this one.

It is not that I am sure.

Girl_Interrupted
16-11-09, 00:17
Thanks for ur responses, I don't have any other symptoms, I mean I get muscles twinges and the odd ache and pain (anxiety induced symptoms) but nothing serious. I know anxiety can cause many bodily symptoms I just get confused on what is anxiety or something else.

My doctor has never mentioned it to me so I guess I shouldn't worry. Just my silly thoughts, believe ne I'd love to tell them to STFU! : )

boobs1967
16-11-09, 09:33
Hi there my mum had MS she lost control of her whole body her muscles were very weak she could not walk properly (it was like she was drunk), she needed a wheelchair plus she had very shaky hands and her speech was slightly affected. I am pretty sure u dont have MS. I mentioned to my GP to have tests if i had it he said what for you have no symptoms was me just worrying again as usual. xx

Girl_Interrupted
16-11-09, 12:09
Thanks boobs1967, I do get muscles aches and pains, mainly to do with anxiety because I'm always so tense, and I sit far to long at the pc!! I think when u get something physical wrong I find it hard to believe the diagnoses the dr/urologist has given me and go crazy thinking what else is wrong with me. My trigger for thinking about MS was reading an article about someone who has it. Of course it listed the 'symptoms' shouldn't have read it really, my mistake.

I'm worried about it but I know I shouldn't!!