PDA

View Full Version : Lump in Jaw (becomes larger at times)

CrazyC
15-11-09, 23:58
I have had this lump in my (what i guess is) my JAW on the left hand side, its kind of in my cheek. Sometimes its tiny can feel it is there but not noticable then other times it can be huge i mean it goes from pea size to much larger (not golf ball size but still pretty big)

When at the doctors i asked about it, she had a feel but it was a "good day" the lump was down. She said "if you dont have any pain dont worry about it" (me not worry!!..hahaha!!!) She said it could be a possible swallon saliva gland, but i think i can produce saliva..it does feel abit drier in the left side of my mouth. However i have a slight tooth ache on the left side so now i am convinced its all inter link as i have jaw ache. :wacko:

Its not at its biggest but i know if i think about it and poke it then it will come up huge again, i swear it gets bigger with stress. Can i please add i have a MASSIVE phobia of dentists, a very unhealthy phobia to i cannot even walk into a dentist for fear of the smells and noises the thought of the rubber gloves in my mouth alone makes me want to freak out. :scared15:

Basically i was just wondering should i take my doctors word for it and stop worrying or worry myself stupid as i cant think of any other solution. (i have had this lump for many many years since i was about 17, now 23) :unsure:

Anyone got any other ideas what it may be.

Wee-Mee
16-11-09, 13:10
I have had this! I have no scoob what it is though love but it feels kinda like a pebble and you can move it around? What I do know is it goes away but I would have thought it was a gland or something..infact I had it after drinking at the weekend? Maybe could swell being something to do with dehydration? I dunno. Try not worry..hard I know.. And I'm 23 too and am terrified of dentists so you're not alone with any of it! xx

cupcakes2009
16-11-09, 13:56
i have the exact same lump its been there for years to im now 27 (28 next month) and it gets smaller and bigger lol so dont worry about it, i have no idea what it is and it does not hurt, i have shown the doctor and he is not bothere either. xx

mandyclare
16-11-09, 14:18
Hi : )

I don't know what it is but I would guarantee it's nothing 'dodgy' because if it were it wouldn't get bigger then smaller it would just get bigger and bigger.

mand x