PDA

View Full Version : Panick attacks

Lou 1
16-11-09, 04:23
Hi, im new to this site and am so far impressed with all of the info and advice i have found.

I'm 23 and I have been suffering with panick attacks for nearly a year now (although i still convince myself that i have some horrible disease)
Im normally happy, bubbly and confident but since these panick attacks im like a different person.

Panick attacks really do ruin my life, I just feel like im constantly worrying and anxious.
i do really silly things like take my temperature and count my heart rate all the time just to make sure they're "normal"
It affects my sleep too, sometimes im so anxious and have really negative thoughts (im not suicidal, i mean negative as in theres something wrong with me) that i just cant relax to go to sleep or im scared to go to sleep.
My partner and I had our first holiday this year but that was ruined by my panick attacks.
I was fine during the day, but on one of our first nights in the hotel restaurant i started to feel really light headed (like id been drinking) and then i became really panicky and felt like i needed to get out of the room and so went back to my hotel room and spent the rest of the night thinking i was going to pass out.
This then triggered me to worry about going out on an evening incase i started feeling dizzy, then because i was constantly worrying and thinking about it, i found this would bring on another panick attack!
I started to feel better once we were back in the uk - but sometimes when im in a lecture at uni i will all of a sudden become really aware of my heartbeat and start to feel lightheaded and panick, it gets that bad that i have to walk out.
I find that my physical symptoms can differ on each panick attack (not sure if thats normal so this causes worry)
my symptoms are, short of breath, feel sick, diarreah, the right side of my face (under my eye, along my jaw and near my mouth) feels like its gone to sleep, shaking, diziness, lightheaded, feel like im going mad and feel like i've lost control over myself plus a lot more stuff too.
Sometimes i get all of these symptoms where as others i just get two or three.

I worry so much about my health and convince myself i have a horrible illness.
Before i'd ever had a panick attack, i used to think it was just feeling short of breath and a little worried - i never realised how badly they can affect your life.
I feel really alone and like im the only person that suffers, drives me insaine.

My gp has referred me for cbt so hopefully i will be starting that soon (i've heard its very good)

Thanks for reading

Claire Lou x

Ahmed
16-11-09, 07:44
Hi Lou,

Well welcome to nmp, and i hope you find useful things here for you. Just remember that we will be there for you whenever you need :)

Well i have been suffering panic attacks for 2 years and i am still fighting it. Well it's like a long battle everyday and the next day i say the war isn't over yet :)

Just make sure that you don't let it control you. And make sure you control your own self! Live your life and be happy with it,,,,,,BE STRONG,,,,and you will win all the time :)

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/games/images/news/0809/lichkingdate.jpg

FOR THE LICH KING

Lou 1
16-11-09, 09:58
Thankyou Ahmed, Its so nice to be able to talk to people who are going through the same thing as you and who understand! I appreciate your reply. :)