PDA

View Full Version : Intruiged...

LaurenMay
16-11-09, 12:07
Hi all, without trying to sound funny (off-ish) when I say this but...

knowing everyone scared of their symptoms being something sinister, like cancer, does anybody no anyone on this site that has actually been diagnosed with such illness or even dyed?

Its something that has been plaguing me. Again, as not to upset anyone, its just one of those things that keeps going through my head. I think knowing could help in some weird sort of way.

Tell me if I am out of line - just curious....

mandyclare
16-11-09, 12:11
No i don't know anybody from the site that has been diagnosed with a life threatening illness or died but of course we are all going to die one day... it's the one certainty of life... the point is do we want to live waiting to die or do we want to really live and get out there and ignore this stupid condition that ruins our lives.

Angelicnorth
16-11-09, 12:16
Hi All

I know someone who was diagnosed with anxiety (my ex partner) he was actually suffering from Wolfe parkinsons white syndrome. This is an extra electrical pathway in your heart. He was on anxiety meds for a few months before it was discovered by an ECG, he was a mess before the diagnosis.

Helen xx

SleeplessFog
16-11-09, 14:18
They told me I had anxiety forever, and that it was causing my vertigo(including a very rude PA at the ER the 3rd time I was there).

Turns out I have an inner ear disorder....and it also can cause panic and anxiety as a side effect. If I hadn't had a good GP that had me go to a ENT, I would have never known and I have read about some people who don't get treated and get permanent damage in their ears from not being taken care of.

kazzie
16-11-09, 14:24
Hi

We used to have a member called Sylvia who died of cancer

RIP Syl:weep:

Kaz x

PanicOver!!
16-11-09, 14:56
If you live life you will die only once
if you fear death you will die a thousand times