PDA

View Full Version : Can Doctors Lie to You

cunny1980
16-11-09, 13:04
Hi I think I probably already know the answer to this but here goes. Are doctors allowed to mislead their patients ie can they say they are testing you for one thing but actually be testing you for something else??? Just wondered they might do this to people with anxiety to stop them worrying. Just really looking to have my mind put at ease.
Thanks for reading.

mandyclare
16-11-09, 13:08
I very much doubt any doctor would do that because im fairly positive that could be struck off if they got caught.

Im presuming that you have had tests and are still finding it hard to accept the results? If this is the case please try not to worry. Just imagine how much trouble a dr would be in if they didn't do a test correctly and something happened to that patient as a consequence.

Please put this worry out of your mind xx

cunny1980
16-11-09, 13:15
Hi Thanks for replying. I had blood tests cos my gland is swollen in my neck. The doctor said its nothing to worry about but they wanted to do another test for B12 deficency which they say isnt serious. Just wanted to check they're not checking for other things but not telling me. I know I'm being ridiculous but mega stressed at the moment. :hugs:

kazzie
16-11-09, 13:25
Hi There:)

I can assure you doctors would absolutly not lie to you under any circumstances!!!!

I used to have HA and had a few medical probs and I asked my GP directly if she was lying and she assured me that no doctor would ever lie to a patient, because they would be struck off!!!

So please dont worry

By the way vit b12 is easily sorted with pills:yesyes:

Hope this helps a little

Kaz x x x:hugs:

cunny1980
16-11-09, 15:06
A huge thanks Kaz you have really put my mind at rest. Think I will add paronoid to the list of things wrong with me lol. :doh:

mandyclare
16-11-09, 15:12
B12 deficiency can cause some of the symptoms ive suffered and im sure that was mentioned to me before.. i took supplements for a while.

It sounds like any problem you have is a very very minor one.. be happy.. that is great news : ) (ps. not saying anxiety etc is minor cos its a bloody pain lol)

all the best
Mand x

SleeplessFog
16-11-09, 15:22
If a doctor lies to you it is an ethics issue and it is a violation of the hippocratic oath.

As others have said...B12 deficiency can be sorted out by pills.

cunny1980
16-11-09, 15:32
Hi Mand Can you remember what symptoms the B12 was causing? I dont want to Google as it always scares me.
Thanks everyone for your support it really means a lot to me. Hugs all round!!! :bighug1:

NoPoet
16-11-09, 23:04
I don't know if it is possible to check the same sample for different things, but if it is then it may be standard practice to run basic checks for various common problems - that's just guesswork though.

Remember that it costs money to do blood and urine checks so they want to do the minimum possible to save money. After all, if the NHS spends all its money, who is going to prop up the millions of health tourists who come to Britain to receive free treatment? ;)

I think your health anxiety is getting the better of you and making you slightly paranoid. Personally I'd feel a lot better if they were conducting batteries of tests on me - but then again that's my health anxiety taking over!

cunny1980
17-11-09, 15:15
Thanks everyone for making me see sense. Had blood tests back today all clear so Im not going to think about it anymore. Thanks All

kazzie
17-11-09, 16:00
Great News:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

cunny1980
17-11-09, 16:54
Yes it is. Just get my other test done next week and hopefully I will be back to normal (fingers crossed) :unsure: