PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do this????

*D*
16-11-09, 14:17
Hi everyone, I have not been on here in a while, but recently my anxiety has been off the charts, I notice that I have been holding my breath, and then I feel like I cant breath, I am not sure if I am paying to much attention to my breathing or what, but it is scaring me, Is this a normal part of anxiety or is is something eles, please help.
thanks!!

*D*

mandyclare
16-11-09, 14:26
Absolutely normal part of anxiety im afraid. Like with all anxiety symptoms the more you focus in on them (like we all do) the more extreme they seem, the more we notice them and the more weird and wonderful symptoms appear.

Accept it's anxiety and hopefully it will improve.

All the best

mand x

PanicOver!!
16-11-09, 14:36
Yes i agree with Mandyclare

When i focus on my breathing it seems to totaly upset my natural rythm and i find i try and breathe falsely

The good news is even if you hold yur breath till you pass out your autopilot will take over and you will be fine x

Masa
16-11-09, 14:54
I constantly feel like I need to take a deep breath but I can't. If I think about it - it gets worse and I then panic thinking I'm going to pass out! Which, in turn, freaks me out even more.. I've been like this for the past 5 weeks. The more I think about it, the more it happens. Try and relax a bit if you can and try to occupy your mind with something else.

Good luck :)

gypsywomen
16-11-09, 14:55
yes very normal you have to learn to breath into your tummy dont worry

*D*
16-11-09, 18:58
Thank you all so much for responding!!! I no I am the cause of the problem, the more I think about it the worst it gets. I have to learn to distract myself, I no I dont have any problem breathing I am on the tredmill for 30mins at a time and I am fine, It is just scary, and I no you all no what I mean, so thanks again for responding I sure do apperciate it!!!

D

Lilica-Demetier
17-11-09, 20:21
I get that a lot, I think it's definitely anxiety. Just remember you can't die from it or pass out cos your body would take over. Just keep yourself distracted and then the problem will fade away once you realize it won't hurt you.

Hope you feel better

Dazo
18-11-09, 10:03
Hi everyone, I have not been on here in a while, but recently my anxiety has been off the charts, I notice that I have been holding my breath, and then I feel like I cant breath, I am not sure if I am paying to much attention to my breathing or what, but it is scaring me, Is this a normal part of anxiety or is is something eles, please help.
thanks!!

*D*

I dont know if its normal but i am the same. I get like cramps and i am holding my breath and everything gets worse.
Its really hard to handle. I really hope its anxiety, none of my tests has shown anything else.

Pudding
18-11-09, 16:18
I get this too, I almost feel like I have to keep taking a deep breath as I need the feeling in my tummy when you reach the peak of the intake of breath to make me feel like I've taken in enough air. I am very guilty of holding my breath so I think this has something to do with it as I often feel breathless. When I take a deep breath it often kind of shudders like it does when you're a child and crying your heart out then take a deep breath, silly eh!