PDA

View Full Version : Stress and Anxiety

ccc28
16-11-09, 15:13
I know they are both linked but say if you have a fairly stress free life do you think you’re anxiety will go away? Or is your only stress the anxeity??

My partner is about to give birth and I’m also worrying about my job, money and how I’m going to pay for everything. My anxiety is the worst its been for ages right now, I’m hoping once my child arrives things calm down.

Anyone else go through spells of linked stress/anxiety? About 18 months ago I had not a care in the world and my anxiety was all but away….:mad:

mandyclare
16-11-09, 15:15
ccc would it be ok for me to pm you with some info about a similar situation i found myself in.. its kinda private to put on here?

candee86
16-11-09, 15:37
Heya ccc28...I had been anxiety and panic free for 2 years or more but then I quit smoking, my grandad died, my boss went away from work and I was left in charge and I got this stalker man following me everywhere :S and then suddenly my panic and anxiety flaired up again! I had a week or 2 off work and literally did nothing just relaxed etc or did things I wanted to do and my anxiety went! I am a very strong believer that stress is a major cause of my anxiety but also that if it does flair up you need to take time out for yourself and relax and not just carry on getting more stressed or it'll get worse and make it not easy to sort out!

Hope this helps and take my advice...try and relax and take time for you :)
xx

ccc28
16-11-09, 15:39
ccc would it be ok for me to pm you with some info about a similar situation i found myself in.. its kinda private to put on here?

Yes please do..

ccc28
16-11-09, 15:41
Heya ccc28...I had been anxiety and panic free for 2 years or more but then I quit smoking, my grandad died, my boss went away from work and I was left in charge and I got this stalker man following me everywhere :S and then suddenly my panic and anxiety flaired up again! I had a week or 2 off work and literally did nothing just relaxed etc or did things I wanted to do and my anxiety went! I am a very strong believer that stress is a major cause of my anxiety but also that if it does flair up you need to take time out for yourself and relax and not just carry on getting more stressed or it'll get worse and make it not easy to sort out!

Hope this helps and take my advice...try and relax and take time for you :)
xx

Its almost impossible to take time out although I will be off work for 3 weeks when my baby arrives. I can't relax when I get home and have noticed that anxiety symptoms I've had before now feel alot worse when I get them....

Palpetations for example, these have gotten much much more frightening than ever before. They last longer, beat harder and almost takes my breath away! Never used to be like that...

chickpea
16-11-09, 19:51
Claire Weekes says that people can live under a huge amount of stress and not suffer from anxiety/nervous breakdown.
The trigger is always fear - as soon as we look forward and are frightened, the stress becomes anxiety.

Of course, once you fear the anxiety, you're caught in a viscious cycle and the anxiety becomes the focus, overtaking all the original things you were fearful about.

If you haven't already done so, I'd really recommend reading her book, "self-help for your nerves".
It's a lifesave.:)