PDA

View Full Version : tiny red dot on inside of lip

antrob1000
16-11-09, 15:15
I have OCD/health anxiety been doing well over the last 4-6 weeks I am also currently having CBT sessions (which seem to help). I have been really busy recently as we have a 3 week old son to look after.

I have recently started checking my mouth again (I have a huge fear of mouth cancer) I have noticed a tiny red dot on the inside of my lip about 1mm maybe smaller. it doesnt dispear when I put preassure on it.

I know my cbt therapist would tell me not to react to this feelign thoughts worry but i am really struggling at teh moment and i dont se the therapist until wednesday.

Can anyone provide reassuarance advice

Thanks

Anthony

mandyclare
16-11-09, 15:17
Mouth cancer usually shows as white patches inside the mouth not red dots..

It sounds like something simple and will probably go away within a week or so.. maybe try some good mouthwash and hopefully that will speed the recovery.

Mand x

antrob1000
16-11-09, 15:28
Thanks for your reply, but I have read that cancer start off as red patches(I hate google). I know I need to stop panicking as tis tin tiyn red dopt has most likely always been there and just a damaged vein or blood vassel or just where I have bit myself.

candee86
16-11-09, 15:31
A tiny red dot is sooo common in the mouth..the start of an ulcer, if you have nipped it or anything! It is not mouth cancer!!! I get them all the time lol and they go within a couple of days or so and do not get worse so relax :D xxxxx

antrob1000
16-11-09, 15:34
Thanks you for yo reply, Im just freakignout again got along going on at the moment with work and a 3 week old baby.

Thanks

Anthony

gypsywomen
16-11-09, 15:39
sounds like you may be srarting with thrush you can after having baby cogratulatoins bye the way