PDA

View Full Version : going out tonight - please help

Lou 1
16-11-09, 17:28
I really need some advice im stuck in a rut :(

Today i seem to be having one of the worst panic attacks i've had in a while.
Problem is its my boyfriends birthday today and im supposed to be taking him out for a meal tonight
I really want us to go but i've got myself in such a state and feel like im not going to be able go.
Im convinced that im going to stop breathing at anymintue :( i dont seem to be short of breath but i do feel like im breathing too fast and my face is really burning up (i've checked my temp and its ok)
Is this normal in a panick attack? my chest at the left side near my heart feels really funny like i've pulled a muscle - im sooo worried.
I really want to go out tonight but cant in this state.. :(

kazzie
16-11-09, 17:50
Hi Lou:hugs:

Sounds like typical panic/anxiety attack:wacko:

You need to take a few deep breaths sip some water and try to relax!!!!

I hope it soon passes and you have a lovely evening:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Lou 1
16-11-09, 18:04
Thank you Kaz xx

eternally optimistic
16-11-09, 18:26
Hi

I do this thing which my yoga teacher taught us, put your finger over one nostril and breath through the other and then cover the other nostril when you breath out! You then reverse the procedure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds bizzare, I know, but I've used it quite a few times. Recently at cinema I felt overwhelming and tried this.

It relaxes you and distracts at the same time.

Meanwhile, dont try and predict the evening, take it all in your stride and ENJOY.

Lou 1
16-11-09, 19:01
Thank you so much for your advice - im starting to feel a little calmer now but just worrying that another attack will come on when im out. Fingers crossed it wont.
Thanks for the advice x

Chris 22
16-11-09, 19:07
Have you tried breathing in to a paper bag for 10 breaths?. That really brings your breathing back to normal. If you havn't got a paper bag inhale to the count of 7 and then exhale to the count of 11 several times.

Hope you have a great evening.....

faith
16-11-09, 19:09
Why not take the pressure off and don't go out if the anxiety is that bad.

Lou 1
16-11-09, 22:30
Hi thanks for all of your replies - Faith i understand what your saying but i feel if in every situation where i feel anxious i stopped myself from doing something, then i'd near learn to conqeur my fears.
I did go out with my partner and it was a nice evening, although i did feel like i was concentrating on feeling "ok" i did manage to get through the evening.
I do however keep getting this really sharp pain just above my left breast which is really worryin me now :/

eternally optimistic
17-11-09, 14:06
Well done Lou,

Glad you made it, the pain is "probably" related to your anx.

See your trip out as a positive thing.

kazzie
17-11-09, 14:28
WELL DONE LOU:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Chris 22
17-11-09, 17:37
Glad you went Lou and that you enjoyed yourself. See it as a positive step and try and build on it......

Luv Chris.