PDA

View Full Version : Been to doctors today

Hollyhardwick
16-11-09, 18:36
Hiya I have cancer phobia and have had tendor boobs for
a couple of weeks-so of course I was thinking I have got breast cancer!!went to the doctors and was shaking he gave me a breast check and said he found nothing to worry about and if he was slightly concerned he would have sent me to the breast clinic.so I came out feeling great and like a silly fool I have now talked myself into not believing what he said !!it's so unfair it takes over my life!!I am waiting for cbt and really hope it helps me..:weep:

annethelma1942
16-11-09, 19:05
Hi Holly ,
Like you my HA centres around cancer.Its the pits isnt it.? No matter how much reassurance the Drs. give me I never believe them.
I too am waiting for cbt.
Hope it helps as I have had spells of HA all my life and am now 67. Guess I am stuck with it unless the cbt works.
Good luck and I hope you will soon be feeling much better.
Anne

mandyclare
16-11-09, 19:06
You are fine.. you know you are fine.. thats why you are calling yourself a silly fool, bless you... just keep reaffirming that... you did go though getting checked.. now you have to put that worry behind you and relax.

Take care
Mand x

RosieXXX
16-11-09, 21:52
If only we could trust what the doctor says and leave it at that. I have been down this route many times myself, the anxiety always seems to be hanging around waiting to find a weak moment to start up all over again.

I am sure you will find cbt helpful; you will learn how to change negative thoughts into positive ones.

Try to relax and trust what the doctor has said - there is no way he is going to take any chances - he is one hundred per cent certain you are fine and have nothing to worry about. Wishing you well with the cbt. xx

andrea thompson
16-11-09, 22:04
hiya hon

you will be fine....

i am a terrible worrier and its really hard to live a normal life with all these irrational thoughts.... but keep telling yourself thats all they are... irrational thoughts!!!!!

please take care...

x x