PDA

View Full Version : Phobia survey - please help!

SallyJB
16-11-09, 19:57
Hi,

My name is Sally and I'm currently in my third year of a Psychology degree at The University of Sheffield. My dissertation is about phobias - specifically about emetophobia, needle phobia, dental phobia, blood phobia and injury phobia - and I would be really grateful for anybody with any of those phobias who would take part in my survey. The study has been granted ethical approval from the Department of Psychology ethics committee and I am being supervised by a chartered health psychologist.

Here is the link to take part, there is more detailed information on the opening page: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=fGD5Ut3CEqPYmvr7PlDPPA_3d_3d

Thanks very much, if you have any more questions about it before you take part then feel free to ask!

Sally

NoPoet
16-11-09, 22:47
Listen to her, she lives about 10 minutes from me and hasn't even invited me over for tea! Oh well, might as well help her anyway ;)

DeMac
16-11-09, 23:46
Hi Sally,

I completed your survey - feel quite queasy after it - but I hope my answers helps.

Dee xx

leo05
17-11-09, 02:59
all done hope that it helps would love to know what results you have found out too?

SallyJB
17-11-09, 19:57
Thank you so much to everyone that's completed it, it is seriously massively appreciated. I'm really sorry if any of you were a bit bothered by any of the photos - I did deliberately create it so that people could skip them or opt out of them at any point very quickly if anything was a bit too much. I am ironically really scared of needles myself (part of the reason I wanted to do my research on phobias) and actually finding the photos for the needle phobia section was a bit of a challenge for me at first.

Anyone reading this that hasn't completed it already - there are pictures on there but it is VERY easy to opt out of seeing them if you don't like that section - and filling out the rest of the survey even if you are only able to look at one or two photos will be really useful to me.

Leo - once I have collected my results I will be more than happy to reveal all about the study and post my findings on here! It's nice that people are interested:)

Thanks again everyone,

Sally

leo05
18-11-09, 04:12
thanks keep us posted on your finding many thanks lea

maxskiboy
18-11-09, 17:11
OMG that was horrific!!!!!!!!!!!!

SallyJB
18-11-09, 23:12
OMG that was horrific!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that you didn't like it!! Why did you dislike it so much? Is it just that you looked through a lot of the pictures or was it something about the actual questions?

DeMac
19-11-09, 15:37
I have a blood phobia - i accidently clicked the 1st pic - ugh

Im also interested in the results - keep us posted please Sally

Anxious_gal
25-11-09, 16:59
I was going to take this but my phobia's weren't on the list! twas just dental, needle, blood type phobias!

looking4answers
26-11-09, 03:18
Doctor's phobia, blood pressure phobia, ummmm Other than that can't think of any right off.. Michael

PS..reading the post above.. reminded me.. Needle and Dental.. Ok think thats it lol

SallyJB
30-11-09, 18:14
Ah thanks for looking anyway but yeah, this survey is just about vomit, dental, needle, blood and injury phobias. It does say on the first post in the thread somewhere I think but it's occured to me I think I forgot to put it on the information page on my study...might have to change that now as I think a lot of people might have clicked the link first and only realised when they got to the phobia selection page...sorry about that!:)

Kirsty-Jayne
30-11-09, 18:32
Done =]

SallyJB
30-11-09, 18:41

bugglesbeth
01-12-09, 15:07
Have done it. Has felt me feeling rather anxious, but I am only too pleased to help as I do not feel there is enough understanding of emetophobia and how much it can affect your daily living. Thank-you sooo much. Unable to look at all the photos I had to chicken out. Will you be able to see how many I looked at though, I was very brave. lol. Would be so interested in the results. :yesyes:

Buggles x

SallyJB
01-12-09, 19:16
Have done it. Has felt me feeling rather anxious, but I am only too pleased to help as I do not feel there is enough understanding of emetophobia and how much it can affect your daily living. Thank-you sooo much. Unable to look at all the photos I had to chicken out. Will you be able to see how many I looked at though, I was very brave. lol. Would be so interested in the results. :yesyes:

Buggles x

Thanks very much for doing the survey :) don't worry about having to stop looking at the photos, I can still tell how many people looked at by when they chose to opt out of them, I never expected many people to look at them all anyway and that doesn't matter as long as everyone looks at as many as they can do:)

I agree with you that a lot of people really don't understand phobias properly, I like to think that this survey might find something interesting/helpful. We will see! I will definitely post the results on here when I'm finished but it probably wont all be done until March!

Thanks again for helping:)

Sally