PDA

View Full Version : Im New

doonser
16-11-09, 20:07
Hi
I am 28 years old and I suffer with anxiety and panic. I have had this for just over a year. I had been on lexapro and continue to go to CBT. I thought the hardest thing would be to come off the meds... I was doing really well but the panic and anxiety has come back with a vengence. I recently had to call an ambulance and go to A & E, I was driving to work on my own and had to pull in to the side of the road. 2nd time I had to do this.

I am finding it quite hard to do anything, even normal day to day things are tough and cause me to get anxious. I have missed a lot of work but I luckily I have an understanding boss.

I just find that I can't get to grips with this... Health anxiety, negative thinking, panic anxiety... I am sure you all feel this way but it's saps so much energy that at the moment I feel like I have no motivation...This isn't me, I was happy confident and outgoing.... don't feel like that anymore.. and I am nearly sick of my own voice moaning... Even going to work on the bus is a stuggle...

Does anyone else feel like this or any helpful suggestions..

Trying to stay positive anyways.. So that's me pretty summed up...

Regards

nomorepanic
16-11-09, 20:09
Hi doonser

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

teez
16-11-09, 20:20
:welcome: to nmp

mrmerlin
16-11-09, 20:32
hi
yes loads of us feel like this , your not alone have a read through some of the articles on the left of page , i only joined yesterday but already i am looking into things to try help myself even if i can just get a little bit better it would be nice , i did read about the driving and bus situation that sometimes taking a different route can help learn the route on a less busy day like a sunday when quieter and give it a go during the week , who knows it may help different scenery can give different feelings

good luck

BexieB
16-11-09, 20:33
Hi Doonser

We all feel your pain here. Are you still on the Lex? If it worked well before perhaps you should go back on it. I think people are far too eager to discontinue meds when they feel better...what's the rush? Claire Weekes is probably the best of the self-help books.

I really feel for you having to go to A&E in Eire, that really is no joke:roflmao:

There's so much info on this site, I find the 'success stories' particularly useful.

Hoping you find peace and solice
Bexie

Southern_Belle
16-11-09, 23:04
Hi Doonser,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support. I've only had two panic attacks and one sent me to the hospital in an ambulance so I know how you feel. I'm a worrywart and always think of the "what ifs" so I journal the positives of the day and try to live in the moment and sometimes down to the minute if I'm in a really bad place. I find that it helps me to do stretches, warm baths and I'm trying to retrain my breathing. Hope this helps some. I'm so glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

doonser
17-11-09, 19:30
Thank you so much for the kind words and advice. Had a pretty bad day today.. crying a lot!! I am definitely doing the breathing retraining and trying to get into reading fiction instead of anxiety books as I think they may make me worse. I find distraction from my mind chatter quite hard. The meds were so hard to come off that I don't think I could go back on them again. But if needs be I will. I find the stories on this quite good especially the symptoms part of the site as it makes you feel like you are not going mad!
Anyways.... Thanks again!!

Alisonj
18-11-09, 06:39
You have come to the right place! Welcome to NMP! There are so many others suffering similar things and going through the same type of panic. You will meet many great people and get some really heartfelt advice. I have had anxiety and panic for 18 years. So I am almost at a pro level by now! LOL
I look forward to reading your posts and helping if I can!