PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

deez
11-11-05, 21:27
Hi everyone.

I am a bit shy posting this as I have not seen any threads about this phobia on here [:I] but today I realised that I suffer from emetophobia (fear of throwing up) - I was watching a show on TV and there was a woman on there who suffered from this and I was really surprised as I never knew this was a phobia. I thought I was just being silly.

There are many things I am scared of actually...but I just never knew that many other people suffer from emetophobia. I don't have it as bad as I have seen others do but it's still quite bad.

Anyways, I am 31 years old and I am from Denmark. I guess I should be proud of myself for deciding to join a support forum cause I am usually too shy to talk about these things with people I do not know.

I am sure posting and reading this forum will be very helpful for me :)

Thanks for reading.

xx
Dee

nomorepanic
11-11-05, 21:32
Hi Dee

Welcome aboard.

Please don't be embarrassed - we do have loads of posts about it - I will find them for you ok?

Hope you get some help and support on here

Nicola

deez
11-11-05, 21:34
Thank you very much Nicola, I appreciate that. I am trying to read up on it now that I know other people know what this feels like.

:-)

nomorepanic
11-11-05, 21:37
Here you go ..

1st day CBT exposure for emetaphobia = scary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4930)

CBT for emetophobia my experiences... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5998)

To Emetophobia sufferers (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2253)

EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)

A visit to the Doctors (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5503)

Hope they help.

Nicola

deez
11-11-05, 21:40
Thanks alot :) Will have a look now.

kezadi
11-11-05, 22:17
hi Deez

I also joined today and felt very nervous about doing so. I find it difficult to talk to people about how I feel and the things i think. Just joining today and admitting that maybe I do need to talk about it has helped so much. i hope you will find it useful too.

deez
11-11-05, 22:57
Hi Kezadi
Thanks for your reply :) And welcome...I know what you mean, I feel the same way about joining. It feels like there is hope to overcome my fears now and I really look forward to talking to others about it.

Meg
11-11-05, 23:13
Its an extremely common phobia Deez

Do look at those links and post yourself or pm any of the postees if you want to ask anything further

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
11-11-05, 23:17
Hi Dee

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

Glad you posted [^] I am shy and lack confidance so I know how you feel. YES you should be proud of youreslf [^][^]
There are lots of nice people her who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Karen
11-11-05, 23:43
Hi Deez

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
12-11-05, 11:47
Hi Deez,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.

First positive step was joining the forum, its onwards and upwards from now on.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

cam
12-11-05, 11:51
hi deez....welcome to the forum.....be loads of good people ...willing to give good advice and make you feel welcome...well done for joinin the forum....take care

Cameron

"Do not underestimate the force of the Amish side"

chucklehound
12-11-05, 13:31
Hi Deez and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

make some great friends too!!!:D[^]:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

deez
12-11-05, 15:28
Thanks everyone for your nice welcome messages. :D I really appreciate it alot.

Piglet
12-11-05, 17:17
No you are not alone with this phobia - if you have a look around you will see that quite a few have this.

A big welcome to you:)

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
12-11-05, 17:41
Just want to welcome you Dee,

You are now finding out that many more people suffer from emetophobia than you thought, and this is a very common thought amongst us with all sorts of phobias, panics and anxiety.

I hope that this site will give you a great of comfort and friendship.

Take care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

pinkscrumpy
12-11-05, 17:42
Hi Dee

A warm welcome to you

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Sue K with 5
12-11-05, 19:33
Welcome to NMP !

Dont know much on this particular subject but I know that on the forum this is talked about quite frequently so I am sure you will get some good help and guidance

Sue with 5

scknight

deez
13-11-05, 11:05
Thank you all for your nice messages :)