PDA

View Full Version : How many tests do they do on a normal blood test??

Desprate Dan
17-11-09, 15:49
Hi sorry to bother you all,

I was just wondering if any of you know how many tests they do on a normal blood test?? The reson being i had some blood taken last week and phoned back today for the results, and the receptionist said tests 1-5 were all normal??? why didnt she say that they were all normal.. is there a test 6 -7 -8..:huh: or its probably just me over reacting again.

Cheers

Dan

kazzie
17-11-09, 16:02
Hi Dan:D

Now I hate to state the bleeding obvious but why dont you ring and ask them???:shrug:

I have had loads of blood tests and the amount always varies

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

gypsywomen
17-11-09, 16:06
i can help here i was nurse they check your hemoglobin levels your blood cell white and red platelets , cholesterol levels , these tests can tell if your heart and kidneys liver ok ,in fact doctors can tell a lot from blood test more than you would think sounds to me like yours s fine don't worry

ElizabethJane
17-11-09, 21:59
Dan it really is ok to ask us or your GP. I am on lithium and have regular blood tests. A typical test might be fbc ie full blood count, then tests for thyroid, liver and kidney function and lithium levels. Try not to worry about it if you are not sure of the result then ask them to explain it.

addison
27-02-10, 12:36
Sometime i am feeling weakness in my body so i have to check out my blood but it is proper in situation and there is no need to take medicine for that,still i have feel not good what the basically happened that i do not know?how many time i have to check out my blood ?