PDA

View Full Version : Why are they offering me the vacination??

Desprate Dan
17-11-09, 15:55
Hi had a call from the nurse at my GP surgery offering me the Swine Flu vaccine, i thought they were only treating the old and vunreable first?? as far as i know apart from anxiety and depression i am fairly young and healthy.

Just wondered if anyone else young and healthy had been offered it, as my mam suffers with her chest and she hasnt been offered it..:huh:

Dan

gypsywomen
17-11-09, 15:59
what job do you do that can be a factor or if your in collage or uni

Welsh.Baz
17-11-09, 16:48
Depending on the number of patients on your doctors books, and how many people fall into the 'at risk' category, you could easily get it quickly.

If you are not entitled to the seasonal flu jab, yet you've been offered this, i'd imagine they are now vaccinating everyone else on their books, so why worry?

JITTERBUG1
17-11-09, 19:14
I don't know about over there, but in the US the Priority groups consist of children 24 mos to adults 24 yrs old, adults between 25 and 64 with health conditions, pregnant women, caregivers of infants and health care workers. Anyone over 64 yrs of age is believed to have some immunity to the virus because of a similar strain that circulated years ago.

Tiff

Panic33
17-11-09, 19:55
It could be your job, I work for the nhs and all staff are offered the injections.

Lilica-Demetier
19-11-09, 08:34
My dad's been offered it and he isn't old nor does he have health problems, other than arthritis but that doesn't make him more vulnerable. Just ask, I guess.

ItWillPass
20-11-09, 03:55
Yeah, here in the US I was offered the vaccine BECAUSE I am 28 years old. The office has a limited supply and was only offering to the younger people, because apparently the older people have immunities to the swime flu already.