PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers

kahi35
17-11-09, 16:44
hi there can any one help me with the feelings you get when first taking beta blockers. Been on it for a week now and i take it at night. first night i took it felt weird and dizzy feeling. Last night been the worse was laying down watching tv felt really dizzy. then i guess i started to panic a little. please help. going to the doctor tomorrow and need to explain to him what im feeling. He has me on lowest dose of proprananol and low dose of digoxin.

gypsywomen
17-11-09, 16:48
Its hard to say they help a ot with anxcity ,,i never got any side effcts sometimes felt tierd a they slow your adenlin gland to stop panic but best to have word with docters,sorry abot caps locked

KK77
17-11-09, 17:24
You're bound to feel a bit odd when you first start a new medication. This drug will change your normal physical responses, so that weird feeling will persist until your body becomes accustomed to it, which may take a few weeks. It's helped a lot of people on the forum so give it a chance. There may also be a slight interaction with the digoxin, which is adding to your side effects, so have a chat with your doctor about it.

Granny Primark
17-11-09, 19:36
I take160mg. I also take 10mg amlodipine.
I took antenanol which is also a beta blocker for 25 years.
Ive been taking them for so long not cus of panic but cus of high bp.
Now I find even tho I still get down days im far more calmer.
Just stick with it for a couple of weeks and see how you go.
Tip: I never read side affects to tabs.

p.s. Im still only 35!!!!!:roflmao:

kahi35
17-11-09, 21:21
thanks guys have appt with dr today.:unsure: