PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh how can I sink any lower?

phil06
17-11-09, 16:54
Just counted my little sheet 11 interviews since mid October. (yes one month and a half!!) 13 if you count the two I cancelled. The job yesterday had 8 positions not just one it was a group interview and the people were a year or two younger with LESS experience. I have tried easy places..the last think I wanted to do was walk out my job last week but no wonder.

Ok so people have lots of interviews but 11 jobs? in a month or so? What a joke..I dress smart, read up on the job, answer the questions better than I did years ago. I am really stumped and angry. I have to make a phone call to the Job Centre now.

Ok it's a recession, other people are out of work..I've heard that for a year. So a uni student who can only work 20 hours for a customer service job is better than me? 5 years customer experience I have. I have ALL the skills. I don't know anybody with such bad luck..I'm a rare case a job where any 9 would get it and one doesn't. I applied to the obvious Mcdonnalds and never even got the interview there. (Oh this group interview..the uni student knew someone who worked there..oh they have the job then...still another 7 jobs no chance?

I'm sunk like the titanic...I'm low, I'm SOUL destroyed I could shout out loud right now..I can't relax. In all my 21 years this has to be one of my lowest self esteem points ever. I should have been allowed to leave my job with notice. I applied way before the recession for other jobs.

There's no positive words like others in the same boat. I'll give anybody a bet they don't know somebody whos been in work last month and had 13 possible interviews and got NONE!!! :lac: I am lost and totally ..can't say anymore. It's bad. :wacko:

PanicOver!!
17-11-09, 16:57
Hi Phil

Your confidence may be low at the moment but remember

You have NOT lost until you give up trying

Stay strong buddy

phil06
17-11-09, 17:00
Hi Phil

Your confidence may be low at the moment but remember

You have NOT lost until you give up trying

Stay strong buddy

That's it though..I mean I've over tried...life doesn't reward. Some people apply to one job and get it. I've never had this issue until now.

I genuinely don't know how I can find the energy to apply elsewhere? This sounds crazy but given the last month I expect to get the interview and the phone call..but know I'd be as well not turning up..my pockets are burned on train fares and buses.

I get hopeful at the phone call but it soon shattered by the silence followed by the no luck letters.

PanicOver!!
17-11-09, 17:03
Dont forget we are in a buyers market at the moment
the employers have loads of aplicants and time on thier hands
remember also most jobs are filled by "who you know" rather than what you know

phil06
17-11-09, 17:06
Dont forget we are in a buyers market at the moment
the employers have loads of aplicants and time on thier hands
remember also most jobs are filled by "who you know" rather than what you know

Which sucks...even one was a work trial and they couldn't work me for free. It's not the let down from one job..you can't get them all but 11 is alot of jobs. I just feel I'm your example of a soul destroyed unlucky person.

phil06
18-11-09, 13:25
Well yea just to confirm I never got that job interview...feel sooo angry just broke my keyboard... :mad: They phoned today to say i never got it even though they had 8 jobs with less qualified people at this group interview.

I feel hopeless!! :doh:how long does this unlucky saga go on? I have burned myself into the ground and I can't cope with it..I'm doomed. :lac:

Welsh.Baz
18-11-09, 13:46
I've been getting the same, i'm either over-qualified or not got enough experience, which is all bullshit, at least i've had a few employers actually be honest enough and tell me they would give me a job but they didn't want to risk me upping and leaving in 3-6 months for a position more suited to my qualifications.

It's sodding stupid, the jobcentre are really useless an all!