PDA

View Full Version : Watching TV is now a problem!!!!!!!

suzuki
12-11-05, 07:39
My Anxiety seems to be really bad in the evebibg like when i'm watching TV . All the people on ANY programme are strange to me . I think they could be ghosts and i'm sort of trying to see inside there bodies somehow at thier organs. Can anyone suggest how to handle this because i can't cope with it. Do i let them just be ghostly and try and see into them or do i tell myself STOP IT they are real and just watch the programme and listen. Thankyou Suz

mum2four
12-11-05, 08:49
I read some thing that said saying stop can make it worse so i would try to distract your self and remind your self that thay are not ghost and you cant see there organ's ect chalenge you feeling's.

Meg
12-11-05, 12:06
Try and find a humourous way of viewing your latest way of seeing things.

Its just the power of suggestion creeping in again.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

desperate
12-11-05, 15:49
Hi Sue,

Try almost shouting at your mind STOOOOOOPPP!!

Or yes laugh at it and then hopefully the fear will go!

Sarah

alexis
12-11-05, 16:27
Hi Sue, I can see where you are coming from here, I used to be really strange watching the tv, so much so I stopped, I was different though, although its hard to explain, things that happened on tv I would try to relate to similar things which had happened in my life, if there wasent anything similar I would try to think of one, and turn it round so everything bad that happened was all my fault.
It was perhaps a mistake to stop watching but I felt I was driving myself mad, now i watch hardly anything at all.I wish I had continued watching and challenged myself because now when I watch anything I remember the feelings I had before.Probaby not a lot of help, lol take care

love from Alexisxxxx

Sue K with 5
12-11-05, 20:02
Oh God!

I remember a period where I could not watch the news! or a documentary and anything dating back from 1980 downwards without feeling weird or panicky !

It got so bad , unless I was watching something funny I would be almost hysterical !

Take a tip fight the fear and challenge it ! it is not real and it is all part of your mind trying to control your thoughts!

I can now watch the news, get depressed and blame George Bush for everything make life a bit more bearable

Sue with 5

scknight