PDA

View Full Version : The mother of all headaches!!

judipat
17-11-09, 21:03
Hi all
I just thought I'd let you know whats happened to me the last few weeks.
I started with a chest infection and a hacking cough - I felt generally very poorly. Anyway, I started coughing one day and with a few seconds, I had the most unbearable pain in my head ( I've suffered migraines for years and I knew this was'nt an ordinary migraine). I scared my hubby to death, he said I was white, sweating, shaking and I could'nt talk. He called my GP and he was out within the hour - he gave me an injection which knocked me out, thank God. He then rang the hospital and had me admitted. They started talking about suberactnoid haemorriging, anyerism etc - you can imagine, I was completely freaking out.
I then had a variety of tests, CT scan, chest xray, ECG and then a lumbar puncture - all clear.
I was sent home after 3 days with a variety of very strong pain killers - I've had 4 more of these attacks since.
My GP now thinks it is whats called a "crash" migraine or thunderclap headache. I had never heard of them, but there is quite a lot on the internet about them. I have to see my GP again tomorrow to discuss medication etc.
As you can imagine, my anxiety is through the roof, especially as I have absolutely no warning of an attack. I'm trying to keep as calm as possible but its very hard.
Judi

diane07
17-11-09, 21:08
Aww judi,

Poor you, i have heard of these and it must be very frightening, lets hope the doc can sort you out with some medication which will help you.

sending you some:hugs:

hope it gets sorted for you real soon.

best wishes

di xx

mark1980
17-11-09, 21:57
Hi Judi, that sounds pretty bad! I hope your feeling better soon. Just scares the life out of me reading your post, so cannot imagine experiencing it.

hope you feel better soon and have been able to relax :hugs:

take care