View Full Version : Need some advice re dentist tomm

kazzie
17-11-09, 21:47
Hi All:D

Ok so hardly anyone answered my OCD post

Fair nuff maybe Im beyond help:shrug:

Have talked my dentist into yet again repairing the broken filling

Its tiny but I cant function without teeth

Question is.....shall I have this tooth filled next month or as my dentist has suggested pull it and put in a set of false ones at the front???

The tooth in question isent gonna last anyhow:weep:

Got to see hygenist on 1st dec and have 5 fillings on 2nd

I dont fear dentist just scared of broken teeth

Ok maybe Im mad lol

Kaz x x x

nikk_dolittle
17-11-09, 21:57
I havent really an advice to give you My Kazzie. But go with what you think is the best thing. What your heart is saying. Maybe the dentist will help you decide what to do. Talk to her about it and Roger.

I hate dentists lol

Just a few cuddles

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
love you loads.
Nikk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kazzie
17-11-09, 22:03
Thanks Nikk:hugs:

Luvs Ya

Kaz x x x:bighug1:

jude uk
17-11-09, 22:08
Go for getting the tooth removed in the long run less pain and you will feel much better

kazzie
17-11-09, 22:14
Thanks Jude:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

margaret jones
17-11-09, 22:23
Kazzie i think ask the dentist what he thinks . I have a bridge top and bottom due to a accident personally i think keep your teeth if possible

Good Luck Margaret

Maj
17-11-09, 22:25
Hi Kazzie - no you are not beyond help!! In answer to your ocd question, no I don't think you have ocd. I think it's health anxiety and at the moment it's about your teeth. Who wouldn't worry about their teeth. You are only human. I'd maybe think about getting the tooth out as it'll be less stressful for you in the long run. I did that once with a tooth and I'm glad I did. It'll only be a matter of time before you have your teeth problem sorted out and you can put it behind you.
Myra x:hugs::yesyes:

kazzie
17-11-09, 22:46
Thank you all:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

gary_2.0
18-11-09, 01:18
...my dentist has suggested pull it and put in a set of false ones at the front???
Your dentist has an agenda to make money, yours is do what what suits you best. OK, I realise that sounds obvious, but sometimes when one's trying to make a decision, we might defer to the 'professional' opinion in the belief that they want the best for us too.

Short and cynical is the best I can do for the moment due to a fuzzy migraine-head, but we'll chat if you want a less concise answer hun.

I haven't seen your OCD post, yet, but to answer the other question you posed, yes, of course you're beyond help. You wouldn't hang out with the likes of me if you weren't. :D

:bighug1:

pollyanna
18-11-09, 07:08
Hi Kazz,

havent seen your ocd post yet, :blush:
i had this dilemia not so long ago, my dentist was great, he was happy for me to nurse it along for as long as i could, but alas it had to come out 3 weeks ago, :weep: the only advice i can give you , is to do what your gut instinct is telling you to, and you really cant go far wrong, its very nearly always right.

Let us know how it goes... goodluck

P x

kazzie
18-11-09, 11:57
Thanks Everyone:hugs:

Lol Gary:roflmao:

Well 2 hrs to go....hope she will do temp filling again fingers crossed:doh:

Am going to tell her when i have treatment on 2nd Dec to pull the ruddy thing out and will have the false back ones and that one as a false one too!!!!

She said something about doing a mould before 2nd Dec so she can put new teeth straight in....anyone had a mould done?????

Ho Hum nerves kicking in now

Dentists....cant live with em cant live without them:whistles:

Kaz x x :hugs:

burberrygirl72
19-11-09, 23:48
i too have gotta go to the dentist he is suggested i have vanners but there is no way i can sit through hours of tht without panicking so i have gone for the pulling them out and having a plate but do wht you think is best xxxxxx

lc2613
19-11-09, 23:54
keep your teeth if you can! and im sitting here with a hot water bottle glued to my mouth but why would you want to not have your teeth!x

kazzie
20-11-09, 12:09
Thanks Everyone:hugs:

Still set on the falsies:whistles:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs: