PDA

View Full Version : Woke Up With Anxiety Yesterday and My Dog Died

looking4answers
18-11-09, 20:25
I had a bout with severe anxiety about two months ago when I tried to stop my anti anxiety meds which was low dose to start with. When I went to see the doctor I was in such a state of high anxiety she said it was probably anxiety about the thought of having withdrawals from the meds.

Basically what she was saying was I was scared so much that I caused severe anxiety about withdrawals I could have but never had. Recently since I have gotten back on my meds.. I have felt better(anxiety wise). Yesterday
morning I woke as usual got my breakfast and started to feel really anxious
just very anxious for no reason at all.

I decided if I got up and got busy that I would be better. I went outside to feed our dogs and horses and didn't see neither one of my dogs so I realized they would hear me feeding the horses and come. I got through feeding the horses and walked around and saw the female dog walking away from the food. I thought maybe she had been visiting the neighbors house and eaten there ..then I realized her mouth was all swollen and was bleeding severely .Also her paws were covered with blood.

I bent down to check on her and could hear her rasping for breath and the blood was coming out of her mouth. I called the doctor and they came and picked her up. Although she was stumbling around ,she wagged her tale at us and got in the vehicle ,which isn't like her at all. She laid down and i think she died that moment but the doctor was rushing her to the hospital .

We called a little later and she had died on the way .I was shocked. I asked the doctor what killed her and he wasn't sure.He said that she seemed to had trauma to the chest but didn't know and then started asking questions about anything new on our place that she was exposed to.

He also asked me about the other dog and then he said that since we had been unable to bring her since we weren't feeling good.. Kind of like the flu what symptoms we had?

Basically a long story short..She died and he wasn't sure of from a disease or getting hurt or poisoning. With all the anxiety there was yesterday ,the way she walked to the vehicle and got in with courage made me feel rather good in a way . I know this sounds strange but she was a brave dog and even to the end when she knew she was dying she wasn't afraid.

All of this could have made me really anxious yesterday and its been really really sad for all of us ,because she was the sister of the other dog and they have never been apart. Also we have had both for over four years since they were little. I tried to cry several times and felt I could but something stopped me. I am not sure what but I haven't really cried for her. Its hard to imagine our lives here without her. She was one of the real things that has helped me cope living here.

Now im feeling sad,sick,anxious and worried about her and the other dog she left behind and also worried about him getting sick or us being sick or maybe sickness from her.

The doctor just said to watch the other dog and never really said anything else to us about us being sick. Now im not sure whether to be afraid there was something wrong with her that transmitted to us or be just sad for her or be sad for the other dog or just what to be..We are having her cremated and keeping her ashes here with us. Im just as confused about how I feel as her brother feels with her not here. I don't know if he knows what happened. Its a rough day for my wife and I and also for the other animals here .They all seem to be curious as where she is.

Im also worried about something the doctor told me last visit and problems im having as well. I may post about it later but right now im so sad about the loss of Hannah..that Im really depressed..and confused..

kazzie
18-11-09, 20:45
Bless you:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Luv kaz x x x:bighug1:

magpie girl
18-11-09, 20:56
i am so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your dog:hugs::hugs:animals of all shapes and sizes become like memebers of your family and to lose one suddenly is just awful. xxxxxxx

andrea thompson
18-11-09, 23:24
take care hon... it is very sad and a great loss to you and your family...

try not to worry about things.... grief stirs up lots of emotions.... you will start to feel better soon...

x x

looking4answers
20-11-09, 06:18
Thanks to all that cared enough to comment. She is a great loss to us. The place seems so void of life without her and her brother is in a state of confusion as to where she is.

He has been sleeping alot like a human that is depressed and missing someone close. I feel so bad for him even more so for him than myself. Its just errie here without her and its going to be hard to get over her. We lost a horse last year in the winter time to we had her for several years as well.

You think you can just stay unattached but I found myself crying most of the night last night. I can't believe that a 55 year old man crying.. and I couldn't stop. I thought of all the good times and other times I wished I had spent more time with her .

Thanks to all of you for your concern and caring..She is missed and will be for a long time.

Veronica H
20-11-09, 08:27
:bighug1:So sorry that you lost your pet like this. It must have been traumatic for you all.

Veronica

sedalia
20-11-09, 08:39
Don't feel ashamed of being so upset, it s a great tribute to you that you can love an animal that much. My anxiety/panic started after having to have my cat put down, and being in the room when it happened. I know nothing anyone can say at the moment will take the pain away, you just have to believe that it will lessen in time. ( Sorry, I wish I could say something more useful)

looking4answers
20-11-09, 19:51
Thank all of you for caring. In recent years I have tried not to get to attached to animals or people for that matter.It hurts when something happens..But when you spend time with them you can't help but get attached. Also even though many times I wasn't with her, I watched her ,we have a close circuit television that scans the property .I would watch her play and act silly and have fun doing everyday things. I would see her interact with her brother and other animals here and well..You get more attached than you can ever know. You feed them and take care of them and see them on a daily basis and its almost like having children to take care of.. I suppose that Ill get over her but still hard to remember her looking at you right before she died and how she tried to act normal that day.. It will pass I know but at least I have many many photos of her and also have tons of video of her and her brother playing in the snow and things.. Maybe I can upload some, somewhere on the internet and then link it here. She was a wonderful dog.. Thanks again for everything you are all very kind.

kazzie
20-11-09, 19:56
You are still in my thoughts:hugs:

I would love to see video or pics:weep:

Paul o Gradys dog died yesterday(HE IS ON BRITISH TV HAS A CHAT SHOW) and his dog buster was always with him

I hope you feel a little better soon

Have you seen the rainbow bridge website????

May be of comfort to you:hugs:

Kaz x x x:bighug1:

looking4answers
20-11-09, 20:08
Just thought I would ad a couple of quick photos here of Hannah and her brother hoss and my wife. Hannah is on the left and Hoss her brother on the right. We have tons of photos and videos thank goodness to remember her.
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz151/michaelrosetti/hannah1.jpg

This is Hannah on the left with my wife in the middle and her brother Hoss on the right.

looking4answers
20-11-09, 20:10
Hannah http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz151/michaelrosetti/hannah.jpg

kazzie
20-11-09, 20:47
Awwwww such lovely pics.....soooo sad:weep:

Love to you and wife:hugs:

Kaz x x x:bighug1:

looking4answers
21-11-09, 19:27
Thanks Kazzie,

You are a sweetheart.. Michael

Maj
21-11-09, 20:21
:hugs:Sorry to hear about your wee dog. They are such a big part of the family. My heart goes out to you.
Myra x

xBettyBoopx
22-11-09, 00:56
Hi Michael

I am so sorry for your loss, losing a pet is so hard, it's devastating. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

http://images-3.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/2361285-2-with-deepest-sympathy.jpg

looking4answers
22-11-09, 01:45
Hi Michael

I am so sorry for your loss, losing a pet is so hard, it's devastating. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

http://images-3.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/2361285-2-with-deepest-sympathy.jpg

Thank you so very much. I know about your loss and it really upset me. There were no words I could say to you to make you feel better. I should have sent you a card.Thanks for showing your feelings and sympathy. Its very appreciated.. Michael