PDA

View Full Version : Really numb mouth help me i cant stop crying!

Ruby94
18-11-09, 21:15
whats wrong with me.

my mouth feels so numb and tingly,
somebody please!

what is this im so scared!!

cunny1980
18-11-09, 21:25
Hi Ruby I get this sometimes I think its just one of the many symptoms of anxiety. I have a glass of water and just try to stay calm xxx

nomorepanic
18-11-09, 22:00
Hi

I replied to your other post about this

debs180
18-11-09, 22:13
Hi Ruby, im having a really rough time with my anxiety at the moment, mainly due to headaches and dizziness, but like you today on and off ive had a numb tingly feeling in my lips and this is a new thing for me. A friend who has suffered anxiety quite abit in the past told me a few hours ago that this was quite a common feeling when highly stressed.
Hope you feel better soon, relax.......
Debs xx

superjonboy
18-11-09, 22:41
Have you ever had a numbing injection at the dentist?

Is it as numb as that or is it not as severe.

I sometimes think "Oh god my face feels numb or my hed feels numb!" But if I compre it to like having a numbing injection at the dentist it's nowhere near as severe.

It's most likely to do with tension. It causes all sorts of symptoms in itself.

andrea thompson
18-11-09, 22:41
hi hon

i get twitches in my eye and my mouth sometimes feels numb or tingly.... read the symptoms pages on here... it explains that these feelings are quite normal when suffering from anxiety... i know its hard but try not to worry....

i am sure you will feel better soon....

x x

minihaha
18-11-09, 23:34
Hi Ruby, i'm sorry you are feeling like this and i hope that since the time you posted, you are feeling more relaxed ((hugs) xx
I just wanted to say that i suffer from this numb feeling and tingle in my mouth frequently as a sympton of my anxiety. The first few times i really freaked out, as it really is a very weird sensation, i used to bite my lip and tongue to "convince" myself that i was still alive..i know that might sound mad, but thats how i felt at the time. Sometimes i felt that i couldnt even speak and when i tried to form the words i wanted to say it felt that my mouth and lips were working against me...whenever i feel like this now, i do my breathing exercises, to avoid full scale panic setting in and i go and get a drink of water, or cup of tea or similar and within a few minutes its settled back down. Try not to worry hun, its as others have said, a common sympton of anxiety and you will be fine, nothing bad will happen to you, as scary as it feels at the time..it will pass xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx