PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone i'm new

Mark Gibbons
19-11-09, 14:23
Hello everyone i'm new to this site. A little bit about me, i've had a lot on this year, always sruggled with anxiety. This year after moving house, getting married, having a baby and a huge amount of work pressure i've fallen into this huge hole i can't seem to get out of. About 3 month ago i was taken to hospital with chest pains and was on a waiting list for 2 weeks to get a hospital appointment to get check out. For these two week i thought i was 'out of here' i thought my life was over. I was questioning life and what happens when you go, how are we here and my mind just couldn't take any more. I was but on medication and that made my anxiety even worse, and i ended up walling into a trap of thinking life wasn't real it was all a dream or something, almost 'matrix' like and i cant shake it. I have a new baby, a lovely wife, a careing family, what more could someone ask for but i cant seem to shake the thought. Can someone help me.

nomorepanic
19-11-09, 14:26
Hi Mark Gibbons

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

carter
19-11-09, 15:37
hi,

i know those feelings only too well...and my year was very much like yours but i had 2 kids in the space of 10 months as well..i get the same feeling with horrendos panic too...

It will get better with time ..... unfortunaley medication makes you worse for the first 3/4 weeks..but you should speak to your gp for advice on meds..

try and get some counciling it helped me....i was really surprised after my first session..i was not expecting them to find anything major ..but they did and im now working on it..and it helps when someone understands what your going through as gp's only know so much...ive learned how to deal with social situations now and its really good when it actually works..

chin up.. if you need a chat holla....:yesyes:

Southern_Belle
19-11-09, 20:18
Hi Mark,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. Just because on the outside things should be fantastic doesn't mean we still can't get anxiety, panic or depression. By the way, having a baby is one of those life changing events that is both wonderful but oh so stressful. I'm so glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Thorny
19-11-09, 21:05
Welcome Mark, :)

I'm sure you'll meet allot of people here who can really empathise with what has happened.

All the best :)

Matt

lynn1960
21-11-09, 16:13
i was put pon meds for anxiexty and like you they made me feel worse but after 3-4 weeks when tnhety started to work to there full extent they made me fweel loads better enough to return to work after two months off hope you feel better soon

gypsywomen
21-11-09, 16:18
hi sorry your feeling low meds will kick in soon we.lcome

Veronica H
22-11-09, 11:28
:welcome: to NMP Mark. A baby and all of the responsibilites this brings is life changing and although wonderful is guaranteed to sensitise the nerves! You have other changes going on too so try not to be too hard on yourself.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica