PDA

View Full Version : work have set me back..help :(

carter
19-11-09, 15:06
hi all its been about a week since ive been on the site..

urrrrgggghhhhhhh..im having a bad week :(

Had a call from work they advsied they wanted to do a home vist..which is fine..then i got asked the question he has been asked by hr when he comes to vist could i let him know what medication i was on a doses...ect ect

thinking this was unusal i called hr who advised this is not the case and my line manager has no right to do this...and there is no way they would request this and a sick note is appropiate.

so in anger which i have not been in anger for ages..i called my line manager up..asked him what he thought he was playing at ...then he stared stuttering ...of which i then let rip advsied him he was making my situtaion worse ect ect...and feel that he is putting me under pressure to come back to work....he apologised but now its made my situation worse.

This has caused my mind start racing im thinking all sorts.....im thinking if was not hr mybe hes been talking about it to people...ect ect..does he think im some kind of nutter who cant do my job properly....i cant help thinking it

after a good week ...im now pretty messed up at the min ive had attack after attack....my docs signed me off for a month and said to try and take it easy .... just as i was feeling ok...

im miffed off ......im so so angry now..but i suppose its better than fear

any suggestions or advice......kind words please :blush:

xx

Downsinthenorth
19-11-09, 16:01
Your line manager's behaviour was inappropriate to say the least - as he very well knew, judging by his reaction. I don't blame you for being so angry, I like to think I would have done the same in your place. They say that being assertive is better than angry in such situations, but this caught you off-guard at a time when you were feeling very vulnerable, and I think that it was better for you to react that way than to sit at home dwelling on it.

You probably don't need me to tell you that the adrenaline will be flooding through your body, both during and after the event. Both fear and anger have a similar effects, so you will feel a bit ropey until you settle down. Try doing some of the things that have helped you in the past, particularly if you enjoy them. For me, it might be read a light-hearted book, watch an entertaining film or go swimming.

Good for you for standing up for yourself!