PDA

View Full Version : a terrible night in the er

pinkynicca
19-11-09, 15:24
so i started the night.... well (very early morning) looking for someone to talk to on here cause i felt i was reaching my breaking point which i found a bunch... thank you guys so much, your awesome... i ended up sleeping for probably a half hour, i wake up to anxiety and scaryness... so i said screw this and drove to the ER... they checked me in, took blood tests, urine test, hooked my heart up to an EKG, my BP was 145/91... all the tests came back normal, i had not slept for more than an hour in the prior 4-5 days, and was suffering from extreme fatigue and panicking... they gave me some xanax and i went on my way... NOW if you are still reading, i have some questions.. before my last major attack (like 6 days ago) i was sleeping fine.. well decent... now post attack even with the xanax and the doctor re assurense, i cant sleep for crap a few hours at a time.. when i wake up im scared.. my hands usually jump right to my pulse to make sure my heart is still working despite the normal test results, why am i scared to sleep, well i think i know, im pretty sure my heart is gonna stop when my body goes to sleep.. but why every since my panic attack.. i still feel messed up from it, chest tightness, bunch of over all anixiety feelings... are these just the after affects of a real bad situation? once again if you read all this thank you i hope you are all doing well..

Anxious_gal
19-11-09, 15:54
I think what happened is that your over tired and it is making your anxiety worse.
I think your stuck in a cycle, waking up anxious, can't get back to sleep, sleep for a few hours.....
You have gotten into the habit of waking up anxious, I just to do that durning my school days, I would automatically wake up anxious and full of dread.
then at weekends I would wake up calm.
maybe try and figure out what is setting off your waking up anxious, try n remember what thoughts, feelings, images you get when u wake up.
maybe keep an anxiety journal

kestral
22-11-09, 14:18
i put this on another thread saying when i wake up i feel stressed and sometimes my heart seems to be quicker than my pulse which appears regular. it settles down but leaves me with anxiety in a big way.