PDA

View Full Version : Anyone relate to this?

Historienne
19-11-09, 19:42
Hi I still don't think this is just anxiety.... anyone relate to all of these??

Burning/itchy feeling on skin on right hand

A sinking feeling in my stomach that leads to increased heart rate
This then leads to feeling as though my arms aren't there???

Waking up in the morning with trembling legs (not through fear but its like a tremor) that goes off once I wake up properly but can return at various points during the day

Neck stiffness on the right hand side

Constant bloated digestive system

A sort of numb but not numb feeling right down the right hand side of my body, even my stomach and chest!

My vision is blurred in one eye and sometimes seems to shift downwards and then goes back to normal in a split second

It all seems to be nerve related... been for MRI and eye tests and all normal, could they be missing something???

Thank you

superjonboy
19-11-09, 22:25
If you'e had an MRI and eye tests it's highly unlikely they've missed anything.

Try and put it into perspective. I know it's hard because at times I think I'm going completely mad or about to die.

Most of those symptoms can be caused by anxiety. Infact over my 9 years with this illness I've learned that anxiety can basically cause any symtpom you dream up.

The blurry eye thing. Do you clean the sleep out of your eyes? That can make it go blurry and then lear in a split second.

I get feelings like my arms are really weak or not there and also sometimes when I'm eating it's like I know i'm chewing my food and stuff but it just doesn't feel real if you know what I mean?

Are the symptoms worse at certain times? Are they all constant?

If they seem to lessen at times then it's really likely to be anxiety because something more sinister wouldn't just let up.

Historienne
19-11-09, 23:12
Yeah they do seem to let up sometimes, I find a good nights sleep lessens some of them. The most worrying at the mo is the leg shaking thing... I just don't understand it...!! It's doing it now as I'm sat here. The blurred vision is constant but has got a little better from when it was at its worst.

andrea thompson
19-11-09, 23:19
hi hon

all of the symptoms can be caused by anxiety... i think i get all of those... really hard to accept i know and when its happening you feel like your going to die.... it is really horrible... it is all nerve related i think.... your nervous system needs time to chill out and get back to normal according to the booklet i am relying on at the moment for reassurance.....

take care....

x x

Historienne
19-11-09, 23:29
What is the book pleasE? I seem to get pins and needles alot easier nowadays... say if I lay on my arm the pins and needles wakes me up but before I'm sure I used to lay on my arm and not get pins and needles.......?! weird.

Thanks