PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

alisa
19-11-09, 19:58
Hi there, just a wee bit about my journey so far...I have always suffered from nerves and shyness in social situations so to help me through those times I have,for the past 34 years used alcohol.
If not alcohol then some form of eating dissorder and if not that then O.C.D. hand washing ect.
It has now taken its toll and a few weeks ago I suffereed a breakdown and have been off work,suffering from depression,which I seriously want to get sorted with some coounselling.
I have always been in dependant relationships, and although they were suffocating at least they were companionships,whereas now,in this empty house , I am finding it extreemly difficult to motivate myself.(especially as my new carpets are now wet!)
I am now on medication again and am due to start counselling in a couple of weeks,its just a long time to wait :weep:.

diane07
19-11-09, 19:59
Hi alisa

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

PanicOver!!
19-11-09, 20:02
Hi

Sorry you are feeling low at the moment
wlcome to NMP most of us have been where you are so you are not alone x

Maj
19-11-09, 20:02
Hello Ailsa,

Pleased to hear from you. You will gets lots of comfort and support here from people who are feeling or have felt the same way you do. You are not alone. You can recover given the right treatment. There will be light at the end of the tunnel, don't worry.
Myra:hugs:

Southern_Belle
19-11-09, 20:25
Hi Alisa,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

magpie girl
19-11-09, 20:57
hi and welcome,:hugs::hugs::hugs: