PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks when sitting about

phil06
20-11-09, 00:27
I keep getting stuck with panic attacks out the blue. Barely even thinking anything and it strikes me down. I freeze and feel I can't get any oxygen. I end up feeling all stiff and struggle with my balance.

It takes me a good hour to calm down..I just feel all funny and need to keep checking my beats. Was in the middle of watching a film and had to turn if off half way in. :blush:

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 14:09
Post removed by author

KK77
20-11-09, 14:54
If you can't breath in, it means you haven't breathed out.

If you can't offer people something constructive you're better off not replying. I'm sure Phil isn't dumb.

How about this: If you don't switch your computer on, it means you can't get on the internet.

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 15:34
Post removed by author

june
20-11-09, 15:35
:hugs:i know this sounds 'odd' you may have been enjoyng the film and relaxed:ohmy:
My brain does not 'do relaxed' half way thro a relaxation tape i totally freak.
My brain does not seem to know how to 'just' be calm:blush:
june
:hugs:

june
20-11-09, 15:40
Chris when people are reading these posts it usually means they are distressed. Your 'first' reply was very curt. only after rereading did i realise what you meant.
The written word has no tone so can be read with many variations.
Best wishes
June

KK77
20-11-09, 15:54
I have no wish to "defend" anyone. However, as June says, your response was curt and came across as arrogant. You should have added what you wrote above in your first post. I notice all your "love" and "light" from the thread you posted today has rapidly disintegrated into anger.

Who I am is none of your business...

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 16:08
Post removed by author

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 16:34
Post removed by author

KK77
20-11-09, 17:59
A quick rethink later:

I am often misinterpreted, but I am at ease with this. No one has to conform.

I used to apologise for being me, but that ship has sailed. I am arrogant, curt, sensitive, helpful, short tempered, enlightened, frustrated, and many other things, good and bad, the things which make me me.

Maybe I did get a bit angry, you are right.:blush:

If my views offend anyone then I am truly sorry, but I can not be sorry for being myself.

What I say is correct, the way I say it sometimes does me a discredit.:blush:

But still anxiety itself .... no quarter ... ever again.

No problem. We're here to help each other. It's not as if we get paid to respond to people's posts - we do it because we care - well I do anyway. You have a very bloody-minded and tough attitude to anxiety which is to your credit and I share that approach to an extent. But there are so many others here that are very fragile and on the edge of despair sometimes, and the way we put things can sometimes be more important than what we say.

I accept your views though and I'm sorry for being sarcastic.

Take care :yesyes:

KK77
20-11-09, 18:05
Phil: Sorry for hijacking your thread. I hope you're feeling a bit better.

You've made some tough choices recently and I'm sure things will slowly get better for you. Enjoy your weekend!

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 21:22
Post removed by author