PDA

View Full Version : wake up (only if you want to).

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 13:50
Post removed by author

Veronica H
20-11-09, 15:55
:bighug1:Thanks for caring enough to return to share your views with us Chris. I feel I am 80% better thanks to the great Dr Weekes, so I found my belief system (though one based on science and medicine) through NMP. There are others just arriving on the site who are as frightened and bewildered as I was two years ago, and I do not intend to leave while I can offer support to these people. I have also made some valuable friendships here.
I would agree with the majority of your advice but it is important to realise that people with sensitised nerves may be in no fit state to contemplate being able to ignore these aweful symptoms, and reach the level of enlightenment that you have. I needed some hand holding back then by people who understood and am very greatful to have found that here. I wish you well. Take care Chris.

:hugs:Veronica

mrmerlin
20-11-09, 19:34
wow all that sounds simple but i have anxiety / panic attacks constantly i don`t mean like one every few hours i mean it is never ending , i cannot break the cycle because i get no time to actually think properly about what is going on inside of me , i live with constant headaches , dizziness , palputations , shaking hands , constantly tired , too scared to go out on my own or for more than 30 minutes , just to be rid of any one of these would be a god send , but i now realise it will never happen i`m stuck like this

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 19:50
Post removed by author

looking4answers
20-11-09, 21:13
Hi,

Interesting reading..I too have my opinions on the things you wrote about here. Sometimes I express them and sometimes I don't . I have in the past and certainly would not leave this site unless made to..Nicola has been kind of enough to tolerate much of my rants and ravings ..and to tell me not to apologize even when I know that I may have said some things that offended someone. She is a very kind person and tolerant.

I too have ranted and raved when comments have come my way, its because I sometimes wear my feelings on my sleeve and take things the wrong way. I also have anxiety which sometimes causes us to over analyze everything but I sure have never let me make me leave here.

This site has been somewhat of a salvation for me ,sometimes I haven't been here in a few years because I handled my anxiety and feelings on my own or was busy dealing with other things.. But as long as you aren't taking things out on some of the other members or belittling them or saying nasty things... I think that you will remain here even when you express things that others may or not believe , It really doesn't matter..

That is one of the greatest things I love about this site..It seems that everyone is entitled to an opinion and most welcome ideas and thoughts about this life and what it means and things that are important, but when others don't agree or voice that they do not agree don't take it personally .

Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have many myself , maybe not some I would share here and there are many that I hear by religious figures and scientist alike that i just shake my head and think how stupid I thought their comments were but well many ideas and thoughts that I hear from these people as well make sense.. You might not ever hear it from anyone to tell you they liked what you said or it made sense but you can bet there are others that feel exactly the same.

When posting ,post what is on your mind.. don't worry about comments of others.. If nothing else this site has provided a wonderful place to express yourself and people like ourselves have the tendency to be vocal on things ,sometimes they can sound wonderful others not so wonderful but at least we have a place that is provided where thoughts and worries can be expressed and for that Im eternally greatfull but please don't let anyone run you off.

Stay and contribute and I enjoy reading what you have to say ... and others probably do as well.. Unless the owners or people that put this site together has a problem with what you are saying. .Then please keep posting .. We are glad you are here and hope you will continue to be here.

As I said im sure many of the things I have posted in the past hasn't been popular but I wasn't posting to be popular. The things were on my mind and I wrote about them. I also have offered opinions on subjects that were not what people wanted to hear and I heard about it later but thank goodness I keep being let on to write.

So stay and don't be offended by anyone., If the administration has a problem with you they will ask you to leave but they are very kind and tolerant but always keep in mind to stay within boundaries and not try to hurt anyone's feelings ,after all we all have the same rights on here and your's is just important as anyone else's . It seems from your post you have some really interesting input, Please continue . Michael

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 21:33
Post removed by author

Anxious_gal
20-11-09, 22:55
I'll be the first to admit! I'm am lazy about my anxiety , for lots of reasons, fear, depression, but its my fault as i do not put the effort in! i have great intentions to fight it but then i just loose my motivation!
i wish i had someone to push me , but i know damn well i need to push my self.
its just so natural to avoid fear, situations that make you fearful.
the only way out? is to face your fears even if its just little by little.

Anxious_gal
20-11-09, 22:56
C chris, The psychology is simple, the application is difficult.
Boy do I know :-(

cymraig_chris
20-11-09, 23:02
Post removed by author

kazzie
20-11-09, 23:27
Sorry but this post has annoyed me:lac:

It aint that simple:lac:

Ive got better but Ive stuck around to help others not just dropped in with patronising comments:whistles:

Kaz

cymraig_chris
21-11-09, 00:03
Post removed by author

maddie
21-11-09, 02:05
Chris I think that you have totally undone any good that your thread might have achieved. It irritated me intensely, but I wasn't going to reply until I read your reaction to kazzie.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but no-one has a right to be rude and insolent without challenge. Perhaps you do need to reconsider your decision to return to nmp and share your "wisdom" if you can't accept the viewpoint of other members.

diane07
21-11-09, 09:25
Can we all remember that we all have our own opinions on how we deal with our anx and panic, we are all sufferers and there is no need for insulting comments.

That isn't going to help anyone.

di

sammie
21-11-09, 09:47
hi

as hard as it is ( i had severe anxiety) no magic pill is there nobody else can help you it down to yourself and as chris points out ACCEPTANCE . dont think i dont know how hard it is i have been there was severly ill for over a year BUT i had to help myself thats the reality .

having said that we are all different and all adopt our own ways of coping and recovery there is no right or wrong way its down to the individual . i have my own way of recovering but my way may not suit others

so do what you feel is right for YOU and recovery will come to you like it did to me

good luck all

sam x

jude uk
21-11-09, 11:51
There are many on this site that would welcome 24hrs free of any anxiety, never mind a life-time free of it. I am sure we have all went to sleep with that eternal hope that when we wake, by some miricle, our anxiety etc will have vanished but alas it is not as simple as that.
Most have have been dealing with their emotional issues for years and many have been broken by what they have gone through, but some how they manage to pull themself off the ground and try to rebuild themselves. I truly rejoyce when I read of anyone doing well because its a victory and I know how much it means to that individual.

We should be able to gain hope from anyone that has/is over-coming their anxiety-panic-depression-ocd etc because without hope we do lose focus.

There is that well known saying "Jack sprat could eat no fat his wife could eat no lean" What that means is what works for one may not work for the other because we are all individuals and different.

The one thing we all know is, it is not easy to overcome how we feel and some days we fight the good fight and on other days we just dont have the energy to fight or to accept.

As good as this post is and it is a good post(mostly) one cannot expect it to change lives overnight.
The main thing is you have shared your experience chris and I am happy that you are doing well. For those that are still struggling, we can take something from you're post and maybe use it in a positive way

sedalia
21-11-09, 15:47
Cymraig chris has never said it was simple. I for one find his posts very uplifting. I don't think they are patronising at all, he is just trying to give us hope for the future. I am in the middle of a major relapse and so often when this happens it's easy to believe you will never recover, but i find comfort in what chris says and hold on to that little bit of hope. That is of course just my opinion so I would like to thank him.