PDA

View Full Version : New girl

mrscats
20-11-09, 14:20
Hello, my name is Hannah. I'm 24 and suffered with lifelong chronic anxiety, panic, phobic and OCD behaviour and reactive depression. :wacko:
Having a bad relapse at the moment. Was desperate for some like minded people and found this which I hope is going to help a bit.
I am quite shy and nervous around people in real life and online so I will come out of my shell as soon as I can.
I currently take fluoexetine, diazepam and zopiclone to help keep me calm. Does anyone else have any experiences of these and if they give a good outcome?
I am lucky to have support from my fiancee but I think even he is at his wits end now.
Any friendly banter/hugs appreciated.
Thank you for reading my ramble, hope it made a little sense. :blush:

nomorepanic
20-11-09, 14:21
Hi princesshanny

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nervy-paul
20-11-09, 14:55
Hiya Hannah

I am a newbie on here myself, so thought I would say hello and hope you get lots from the forum. I am bothered with chronic depression, along with OCD and phobias too, I had a bit of a 'mental meltdown' myself a few years ago, so I can understand how you're feeling. My advice is to take each day, each moment at a time, don't put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy the things that make you happy whenever you get the chance too. - Here's a friendly hug for you! :hugs:

Southern_Belle
20-11-09, 16:01
Hi Princesshanny,

Welcome to NMP. I too suffer from anxiety and a tad bit of OCD since I was a child. I'm not on the meds you are but found ones that worked for me. Counseling helped me too. This site will help as many people will be able to relate to how you are feeling and you will get their support. Take your time and you will be able to post questions and even help others. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

mrscats
23-11-09, 22:31
Thank you you have made me feel so welcome. Just had fist day back at work after a week so was hard work but like said...I'm going from min to min then hour to hour. Sooooo tired now but having a momnt where my brAin as on autoscream and won't shut up so I can nod off! So much for sleeping tablets eh lol.
Thanks again...I feel a little less alone :-)