PDA

View Full Version : Help please

bigglesuk
20-11-09, 15:15
Hi all
Need some help please. I have been off work for 7 weeks, after suffering panic attacks at work. I had thoughts of harming myself as i could not take feeling so crap anymore.
I am medication from the doctors (sertraline 50 mg) and have been on these for 2 weeks. But i am due to go back to work on monday and it is making me feel so anxious and scared.
I am worried that if i have another panic attack at work, i will not be able to stop myself if i have black thoughts again.
Any advice please.

yorkylover
20-11-09, 15:21
If you dont feel ready to go back to work speak to your gp.Have the tablets helped,sometimes it takes a while for them to kick in and you may not be ready to return to work yet.
If you had a panic attack at work this maybe why you are feeling anxious about returning.
I had a major attack trying to go on a ferry,it took me 3 years before I could get on one after that.

It does not mean you will have another attack at work,its just our way of thinking.xxx:hugs:

bigglesuk
20-11-09, 17:14
I still feel "weepy" and very emotional. Came off citalapram because they not working. Not sure the new ones are?

yorkylover
21-11-09, 17:14
They take a while to take affect and sometimes you need a higher dose.xxx:hugs:

KK77
21-11-09, 18:01
Perhaps you're not quite ready to go back to work if you're still feeling like this. Also the medication doesn't seem to have helped you yet, so no wonder you feel so rubbish. These meds unfortunately take some weeks to work.

Have a chat with your doctor again about how you feel. I think it'd be better to wait for the medication to kick in and for there to be an improvement before you go back to work.

Maj
21-11-09, 20:33
I'd go to the doctor again and ask for another sick line. You can't force yourself to go back to work whilst you still feel so bad. Once the meds start working you will gradually feel stronger and more able to cope with work. Put yourself first. You won't get any thanks for returning to work too soon. You'll know eventually when you're ready to go back. I hope you feel better soon.
Myra x:hugs:

andrea thompson
21-11-09, 21:29
hi hon, i hope you start to feel better soon... i know its hard but try to relax... if your not ready dont go back.... your health and well being are far more important than work.... go back to your g.p. would it be possible for you to return to work gradually... maybe short shifts or different duties.... i am sure your boss should accomodate this because of the nature of your illness.....
x x

sportynic1
22-11-09, 17:52
hi i havent been back to work since last yr. i dont even know how to get back to it. i dont even know what am good at anymore. i hate panic attacks i feel like a freak :-s

binashubby
24-11-09, 13:34
hi i havent been back to work since last yr. i dont even know how to get back to it. i dont even know what am good at anymore. i hate panic attacks i feel like a freak :-s
Same here. had a panic attack last night as one of the adopted moggies (just arrived) had a dicky tummy and was unwell. Total panic and anxiety last night over the possible mess etc. I wouldn't mind so much if I had panic attacks over sensible things......