PDA

View Full Version : ECG question

pd
20-11-09, 17:27
I'm having an ECG on the 30th, the main point of which is to prove to me there is nothing wrong with my heart. Anxiety about the procedure itself is beginning to set in though, and my question is this:

When a person has a general anaesthetic, they are hooked up to an EGC right, which is then monitored? If anything abnormal had shown up they would have brought it up with me after the surgery, right? My heart wouldn't go from normal to abnormal in four years (from the age of 18 to 22) right?

margaret jones
20-11-09, 18:17
Sorry you are feelng Anxious about the ecg but i think it is normal to be a little nervous. Re the fact that changes can happen to your heart in a short time i am afraid i cannot answer that , but you are very young to have any problems with your heart . When the procedure is over think how good you will feel when they say that it is normal as i am sure it will be

Take Care Margaret

nomorepanic
20-11-09, 18:19
You are very young to have heart problems but to answer your question 4 years is a long time and changes can happen in that time so good luck with this one and I am sure it will all be fine.

Maj
20-11-09, 19:21
Before the general anaesthetic there are pre-op checks and if there was any doubt at all then they wouldn't have done your op. This was a good sign. You are very young to have heart problems. Anxiety causes so many heart arrythmias so please try not to worry. I bet the ecg is normal and you can relax:yesyes:
Myra:)

kazzie
20-11-09, 20:51
Hi:)

Dont worry bout ecg its over in seconds and results are instant

You will be fine!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

marcc64
21-11-09, 00:18
Just don't talk like i did during the ECG coz then your have to start again.:blush:

andrea thompson
21-11-09, 00:33
try not to worry... i am sure your results will be fine.... !!!!!

x x

pd
30-11-09, 19:34
The nurse who did it says it looks completely normal and I have nothing to worry about. It does still have to be looked at by a doctor, but I've basically been assured that nothing is wrong. Now to accept that fact.

EmmaJane
30-11-09, 19:36
Brilliant, good luck

messianictalmud
30-11-09, 20:52
Nice 1

DeMac
30-11-09, 21:11
Good to know all is well - can take a bit of convincing the head though as we are still not 100% but that's normal anx for us.

Marcc - I did exactly the same thing as you lol

Dee :hugs:

pd
30-11-09, 22:07
Thank you guys :)

Feeling reassured atm but not sure how long that will last... least a little while I hope.

Piece of advice to ladies if you're having one of these for the first time: If you're wearing an underwired bra you will have to take it off, ever so slightly embarrasing! Would have worn a non wired one if I'd known!